Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Another beautifully timed shot from Ambrose, he's looking in fantastic touch. I actually don't want Prior to walk back in, Ambrose is playing well enough to keep his place for me. I don't think any player should be able to pick and choose which matches he plays.

Not sure I agree about this. It's not like he has gone back to go on holiday, his wife just gave birth!!! Anyone would take time of work, just because he plays for England, it shouldn't be any different for him.

Anyway, Swann is being superb, will he be playing for us in the Ashes?

The problem isn't that it's taking too long imo. It's that players don't know when to use it. The general consensus on PC seems to be that obvious decisions have been referred. Neither England nor West Indies seem to know when to use their referrals. Sri Lanka was one team that used them perfectly.

Swann is doing a wonderful job by keeping it very straight and full. Even without a much flight he is making life difficult for batsman. Impressive..

The problem isn't that it's taking too long imo. It's that players don't know when to use it. The general consensus on PC seems to be that obvious decisions have been referred. Neither England nor West Indies seem to know when to use their referrals. Sri Lanka was one team that used them perfectly.
The main problem is the time really tbh, it takes them a good 5 minutes plus sometimes, Id rather it all be down to the umpires than such a delay.

Not sure I agree about this. It's not like he has gone back to go on holiday, his wife just gave birth!!! Anyone would take time of work, just because he plays for England, it shouldn't be any different for him.

I've got no problem with Prior going to see his new born child, but he shouldn't expect to walk straight back into the side. It's the England management that are as much to blame, if Ambrose peforms, which he has, he should play in the next game. I just don't think he should be able to saunter home, then pop back and be popped straight back into the side, unless Ambrose has failed to perform.

The main problem is the time really tbh, it takes them a good 5 minutes plus sometimes, Id rather it all be down to the umpires than such a delay.

Well imo, the time is justified if the appeal for a referral is justified, meaning that referrals shouldn't be made unless there is a certain degree of doubt.

I've got no problem with Prior going to see his new born child, but he shouldn't expect to walk straight back into the side. It's the England management that are as much to blame, if Ambrose peforms, which he has, he should play in the next game. I just don't think he should be able to saunter home, then pop back and be popped straight back into the side, unless Ambrose has failed to perform.

So say KP becomes a dad and he goes away for 1/2 tests. His replacement hits a double century. So KP shouldn't get a place back in?

No he's too arrogant anyway and it would give him a good kick up the arse. Might get him playing like in his heyday :p

So say KP becomes a dad and he goes away for 1/2 tests. His replacement hits a double century. So KP shouldn't get a place back in?

That's different, he's an established Test player, he's been a permanent fixture in the side for 3-4 years. Prior's only just got back in the side, and now he's just waltzing off for a few days to be with his missus, and is being told he'll walk straight back into the side, even if Ambrose performs. Doesn't make a great deal of sense if you ask me. If he was an established member of the team, and a proven performer over a decent period of time, then he deserves to walk back into the side, but he's only been in the side for 4 games since being dropped first time.

Edit: On a side note, just saw the scorecard from England A's first Tour Match in New Zealand. Not a great performance. Neither Mahmood or Davies picked up a wicket, Plunkett got 1, Wright got 2, Batty got 1 and Trott got 3. Not a great bowling performance. Then the batting was even more disappointing, with Moore top scoring with 75, followed by Ben Scott with 53. Trott got a duck, Key and Morgan got in and got out, Patel and Wright failed and so did Davies. Not a brilliant performance by any means.

Edit 2: Seems that was the 1st game, 2nd went slightly better for the bowlers: Here's the scorecard.

Nice to see Denly getting a pair :p Trott finally got some runs in the 2nd innings though, Morgan got another start as well. Good to see Plunkett getting 4 wickets also, he looked good for Durham last year, his 16 overs were expensive however, going at over 5 an over.

Last edited:

It is depend on the player's role, I guess. If you would have better replacement for the role which KP does play at number four then you can replace him any day. Prior has not done anything special as a keeper batsman.

Prior should stay. I never thought Ambrose should be dropped unlike everyone else who decided that after he played badly in ODI's he'd become a bad test player. However now Prior is in control and we can't drop him. We'll never stop changing oherwise.

This game is silly. West Indies obviously decided when they got 1 up to ruin the series by producing flat wickets. I wish our groundsman cared about the team that much.

Not only is Trott an awesome batsmen he's a class bowler too, great stuff :D

47 runs in 3 innings for Trott. Awesome stuff.............

:p He should be in the ODi team though, not the Test side, but should definitely be in the ODi squad, if not in the XI.

Hopefully we'll break this partnership soon, and Sarwan will continue his run of failing to make a big hundred. Top innings so far though.

This game is silly. West Indies obviously decided when they got 1 up to ruin the series by producing flat wickets. I wish our groundsman cared about the team that much.:D

Then you know very little of Barbados wicket. And who does it serve to produce such wicket?? It appears Swann is the one enjoying it with his bowling, Benn did not do crap with the ball and got nothing out of it!!!!

Then you know very little of Barbados wicket. And who does it serve to produce such wicket?? It appears Swann is the one enjoying it with his bowling, Benn did not do crap with the ball and got nothing out of it!!!!
It serves West Indies because they can bat out the remaining games and win the series.

There has been 9 wickets for 830 runs so far, this is a batsmens wet dream.

Users who are viewing this thread