Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Yeah, Sidey shouldn't be. I can't watch the match but from what Ive read on here and on Cricinfo he's not the same man that took New Zealand apart last year.

I can't see him getting anything close to 7/47 again at this rate.

Sidebottom's shite. People were moaning about Harmison, but he was bowling better than this at Antigua. He's not fit enough, he's lost the nip, he always bowls too wide, don't rate him at all anymore. Get him out of the side and get Amjad Khan in, although he wouldn't be my first choice if picking guys from the County System. They've been saying he bowls with alot of pace, but from what I've seen from him he's not been out and out quick, decent enough pace, but not as fast as even Broad from the few games I've seen. Jones should be in for the Ashes, but before then I'd be tempted to go with someone like Bresnan or Kabir Ali.

No offense but dont you seem to claim to know everything? If we picked Amjad you would have probably complain of a lack of selecting consistancy or say we threw him in at the deep end. Englands woes arent going to be solved overnight we need to build over time. I think the top 6 in this game will be the top 6 for a long while. Flintoff should retire from ODIs (if he hasnt already) or should give up test cricket after the ashes for his own sake. We got 2 good alrounders in development in Broad and Rashid.

My pick for when flintoff goes on current form is:

Cook
Strauss
Shah
KP
Collingwood
Bopara
Prior
Broad
Rashid
Anderson
Harmison/Sidebottom

Perhaps you take out bopara and bring in another bowler but thats debatable.

What the hell was the need for that little dig? I've never claimed to know everything, just because you don't agree with my opinion there's no need to be an arse about it. If you've got a problem with me then come out with it, don't sit there making pathetic little digs. Also, what exactly made you come out with that? What have I said in that post to provoke that ridiculous little comment? I've posted my opinion, and I stand by it, if you don't agree with it then fair enough, but don't be an arse about it.

Hasn't Strauss learned from the past? You will not get an LBW decision over-turned unless it's 100% plumb, which that one isn't. Until the predictive element of Hawk-eye is used, there's no point contesting an umpires lbw decision as a fielding side.

FFS, I wish Bob Willis was in the studio, another ridiculous decision from Daryl Harper. What a moron. Further proof that the predictive element of Hawk-eye should be used.

Last edited:
LOL, He gave it, Hahahahaha.

Themer added 5 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

5fer for the Umpire. I've slowly grown to Cozier, didn't like him at the beginning of the tour but he's grown on me

LOL this is comical. Harper is executing some initial undercover plans by giving England a false sense of confidence for the Ashes.

Does Strauss dislike Broad or something? Sidebottom's still looking ineffective and not remotely threatening, but is still bowling. Broad should be on, he stands far more chance of getting a wicket alongside Swann than Sidebottom does. He'll probably go and skittle out the tail and finish with a 5fer now that I've said that though.......

Just saw this on cricinfo and had a chuckle...

A photographer has just snuck beneath Daryl Harper's window, and popped up to take a few photos. Harper glared. No guessing who'll be on the back pages of the locals tomorrow!

"Old men + New Technology = "CHAOS" says Ricardo Davis

Ron, who is clearly a tabloid subber in waiting, writes: "Windies Harp-ooned... lbw style!" Good form, Ron.

Absolute gems.

Does the third new ball come after 160 overs or 80 overs after the second new ball was taken?

Just curious.

80 overs after the first new ball was taken - I'm pretty sure.
As I've said before this match is a joke regardless of the referral system; 998 runs scored and 11 wickets gone (some of which shouldn't have been given anyway).
No way England can win this match from here and thus the series. Hardly the best preparation for an Ashes series - playing one of the weakest test nations and looking like we'll be lucky to get a drawn series. Last time we were here we won by innings or 10 wicket margins.
Well done to Sarwan but it's not even worth watching this test anymore.

Thats a good point Colin its gettting quite stupid now all these flat pitches are ruining Test Cricket, this debacle with the Refferals has taken the emphasis off the pitch, the game in Pakistan earlier this week was ridiculous and this is just as poor.

Last edited:
I think a minimum standard is needed for pitches. Frankly boring test cricket, something that shouldn't exist at all.

Users who are viewing this thread