Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
On the evidence of this match my team for the 5th test would have to include Hoggard or Rashid replacing Sidebum

I'm unsure of Sidebottom. I think the best thing to do would be to let him go straight after the end of the Test match series and go get fully fit. Then see how he does with Notts in the early season before looking whether to select him based on what he's done from their.

I reckon theres a good chance that Simon Jones might get in the team if he does get fit and playing like last year. He's the type of bowler we need someone who can bowl with the old ball at pace. If you look at how we've done in this series with the older ball we've been quite placid.#

I think its also time to admit that Harmison just isn't ever going to be who he was. He's way to unpredictable nowadays and has been seriously down on pace.

Last edited:
I have been saying it since the first test, play Rashid. The selectors have made the choices up until now, and its obviously for everyone to see that they are still getting it wrong. In fact, they have been for years. Give him a chance, and old amjad (although he would not be my first choice from the county setup).

Last year in an ODI match against S.A he bowled all his overs straight through and didn't look overly tired. And he bolwed very well against NZealand last year bowling a full session without looking knackered.

Truly speaking, 10 overs straight when you have the tail up cannot be compared to bowling throughout a Test innings in several spells and then doing it all again in a day or three. Moreover, if I recall that spell, he fell away towards the end and got pelted by the lower order in his latter overs.

Nel hit him for a six and four in his last over and that was it. He went for 23 runs in the whole taking 5 wickets

Well played Sars, 2nd test double, now keep batting till lunch and we could see you get to 250, keep supporting Ramdin, and watch the running!!! Nice double, well deserved :happy:hpraise

Well done Sarwan

Completely irrelevant, but iv'e just found out that Collingwood is statistically England's best twenty20 bowler ever.

Yeah great innings by Sarwan, regardless of the stupid decisions he's made sure theres been hardly any questions to be asked of the umpires. Sarwan to get 400+ and the world record, who heard it here first :p

Games got draw written all over it now.

The longest word in english dictionary is englishmiddleorderbattingcollapse.

some of these balls are keeping low, might be of some interest to the WI if they get to bowl again at all.

Nel hit him for a six and four in his last over and that was it. He went for 23 runs in the whole taking 5 wickets

It was a superb spell, but even there, there was evident signs of slowing down and loss of accuracy as he ended the spell and this is in ODI cricket where the effects are far lesser considering only 1-3 spells tend to be bowled (just one on this occasion).

I think Jimmy has bowled well all throughout this series, yet he averages something like 70 with the ball. Come on Ravi!

Big thumbs up to Sarwan, he has been fantastic. Always liked watching him play.:cheers

These are the types of pitches that shows why people say Test Cricket is slowly dying. The Pitch is completely dead and has offered nothing all game. To be honest its not even very interesting.

Compare this to the match going on in South Africa. Thats an incredible match! The only places with good pitches at the moment seem to be Australia and South Africa. Possibly New Zealand.

Users who are viewing this thread