Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
I'm just glad I've got winter nets to go off to tonight, this has been a poor pitch, but take nothing away from Ramnaresh Sarwan, he's built a magnificent innings. 250* is not something to be sneered at, this pitch is certainly not as flat as the Younis Khan 300 pitch, if West Indies had taken their chances England could have been out for 350-400, so it's not been as ridiculously flat as the score makes it out to be. It's going to be a no result pitch though for sure.

King Pietersen, how are you able to determine how flat the pitch is, when you did not even watch the Pakistan v Sri Lanka game (how could you, it wasn't broadcasted in England)

Besides, if Pakistan took their chances in the 1st innings of SL, SL wouldn't have made 550.

So hmm. Just stop embarassing yourself, will you?

zMario added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Actually, if the catches were taken, Jayawardene would be out on 41.

So really, SL would be all out for 400 odd.

Enough of that, thank you.

manee added 2 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

He is not that bad a batsman.
Manee, I was referring to King Pietersen's comment that this pitch
King Pietersen said:
I think that's proof of the nature of the pitch, if Kamran Akmal can score a hundred on that track, then you know it's flat as anything

Ramdin averages 22.53 in test cricket, Akmal averages 34.45.

Hmm?

Manee, I was referring to King Pietersen's comment that this pitch

Ramdin averages 22.53 in test cricket, Akmal averages 34.45.

Hmm?
Akmal is a solid batsman definitely but no need for the insult.

Its midnight here in India and I have to wake up early tomorrow but Iam waiting for Sarwan to get his triple.Really enjoying the West Indian fightback.I hope this signals the revival of Caribbean cricket.The signs are surely there.Its great to see them grit it out like they did in the Antigua test and here again.

Surely, the pitch is flat but we have seen West Indian sides being bowled out cheaply in the past couple of years even on flat tracks.

Last edited:
Lol at Anderson who was sledging a guy on 280 Odd.

Heck of a ball from Sidebum though. A bit of a lazy shot from Sarwan though.

Had to say it, aditya123
Oops ! I did jinx him!
Anyways, a super innings. England will be under some pressure when they come out to bat.It would be fun to watch he West Indians bowl their hearts out and maybe do a Jamaica repeat here !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread