Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
What the hell is Amjad Khan doing? He bowled well this morning, but he's bowling Powell-esque dross when he tries to bang it in. Just get it full and swinging Amjad you prat.

I was thinking that, too short from him. I'd put Swann and Monty in tandem on at the moment as there seems to be a bit of spin in this wicket.

Nah, Khan's going to get a wicket soon. He's so unpredictable, bowls some awful ones and then bowls a couple of jaffers. To get Chanderpaul playing and missing is a heck of an achievement. He's not ever going to be economical, but he's certainly a wicket taker, like a poor man's Simon Jones I think.

Are you kidding me :crying:crying:crying not Gayle too. Well played big man but the injury might cost us for the ODIs too. Both Chanders and Gayle might miss the ODIs = not good.

These 2 need to get us past at least 350.

Well that's what happens when you waste your referrals on balls pitching outside legstump. Half way up middle stump and not given.
England are idiots (but not as bad as Tiffen).

Well that's what happens when you waste your referrals on balls pitching outside legstump. Half way up middle stump and not given.
England are idiots (but not as bad as Tiffen).

yea England just got too eager yesterday and wanted wickets that weren't there. they really threw away their referrals.

I just hate this whole referral system. It's just a bell end of an idea.

Anyway who cares, come on Monty lad.

Also if Gayle comes back to bat tomorrow all England need to do is set their field back. Gayle will just go after anything and try to get a boundary of every ball. He did it against Australia and South Africa after he got injured.

I dunno, i'm so-so on the referral system. I think that as the technology is there, the umpires should use it. Giving players the right to overturn umpires decisions is kinda against the essence of an umpire. Generally, what he says, goes.

I'd like to see umpires "man-up" and embrace the technology. Its there, bloody well use it if you're not sure. Stops you looking like Darrell Hair don't it?

Thanks for that sureshot...And Rashid? Is he being paid?

I imagine all tour members get paid, it's not voluntary, is it? ;)

Re: Referrals. I don't like the idea of 2 per team per innings. For me the point of the referral system is to help umpires when they get it wrong, so we need to make it work so that we increase the success of decisions. I don't think the current format works, I think the system can work, but 2 does limit it, and yes England made a big mistake yesterday, particularly with the first one, but to then say that because of their carelessness that de-values the system by failing to enable the system to do what it does best, create fairer test matches.

Interesting match, that lbw vs Nash from Monty was just plumb, Tiffen is a very poor umpire and wouldn't make a county list imo.

Haha. Bob Willis is a legend.
"So Bob, do you think Russell Tiffin's given that not out because he's hacked off by Monty's appealing ?"
"No...he just has no clue. He's the worst umpire ever, and the second worst umpire is standing at the non-striker's end"

I used to hate Bob Willis but I absoultely love him now! He actually went to a school that i nearly went to :p

Users who are viewing this thread