Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Just seen the controversial decision for the first time, I don't think he hit it. Enough evidence for it to be overturned? The sound was clearly his boot which would be "point of fact" (re: Rule for referrals.

It's not a pace thing for me, it's effectiveness. The guy I want to come in is very Sidebottom/Hoggard pace, but actually takes wickets. Mark Davies, he's a far better option. Sidebottom's not effective enough anymore, and will never be 100% fit again, so won't ever be good enough to get back into the England XI. Harmison's got more chance of getting back in, he'll go back to Durham and get a bagful and be bowling genuinely fast again, like he did last year.

On what basis are you saying that he'll never be 100% again?!

Moreoever, you are being overly harsh, check out the innings by innings and ask yourself where the underperformance is? He bossed West Indies in England, was unlucky but performed proficiently against India, was unlucky against Sri Lanka, bossed New Zealand twice, did okay against South Africa and played one game this series in which he was clearly unfit or un-match-fit and performed poorly.

manee added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Just seen the controversial decision for the first time, I don't think he hit it. Enough evidence for it to be overturned? The sound was clearly his boot which would be "point of fact" (re: Rule for referrals.

Another person sees reason.

Yep, Holding holds the same view I do and alot of us do, he probably wasn't out, but there's no way you can 100% say he didn't hit it from those angles, he did hit the boot, but without snicko and hot spot you cannot 100% say he didn't edge it and reverse the decision.

Dare, that's not the point. The referral system needs conclusive or clear evidence to prove that the on field umpire's decision was incorrect, and there wasn't enough evidence to change the decision and say he definitely didn't hit it.

No it wasn't out imo but thats not the point.

As Holding said there was no evidence that it wasn't nicked so the decision should have stood.

Dare, that's not the point. The referral system needs conclusive or clear evidence to prove that the on field umpire's decision was incorrect, and there wasn't enough evidence to change the decision and say he definitely didn't hit it.

No it wasn't out imo but thats not the point.

As Holding said there was no evidence that it wasn't nicked so the decision should have stood.

well if you saw that there wasn't a edge and I saw it and everyone else that can see properly than whats the problem. The 3rd umpire saw that there wasn't a clear edge and told the on field umpire.

If you guys are saying he didn't edge it than you guys see clear evidence there.

Raisin all this hoopla on the internet when even you people agree that the end result was the correct one.

well if you saw that there wasn't a edge and I saw it and everyone else that can see properly than whats the problem. The 3rd umpire saw that there wasn't a clear edge and told the on field umpire.

If you guys are saying he didn't edge it than you guys see clear evidence there.

Raisin all this hoopla on the internet when even you people agree that the end result was the correct one.

Yes it was out but our point was about the system being flawed as that shouldn't have been out if the system worked as it is meant to.

How would you go if we have as Nass said 120 overs left in the game? Bat 50 in One Day mode? Strauss and Shah opening, with Pietersen at 3? Try and get as close to 300 as possible, then leave West Indies as many as possible with 70 overs to bat? Could leave them in a tough situation whether they go for it, or block and draw.

Users who are viewing this thread