Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Even Holding agrees that it shouldn't have been reversed so...

'Even Holding', he is not biased, his view is no more valuable than any other neutral view.

Yep, Holding holds the same view I do and alot of us do, he probably wasn't out, but there's no way you can 100% say he didn't hit it from those angles, he did hit the boot, but without snicko and hot spot you cannot 100% say he didn't edge it and reverse the decision.

Why not? The sound is as the bat hits the boot and after the ball has passed the bat, that is a 'high degree of certainty' to me.

No it wasn't out imo but thats not the point.

As Holding said there was no evidence that it wasn't nicked so the decision should have stood.

Then how can you say it is not out with a high degree of certainty, which is what the ruling says.

When I suggested that a page back Dan you laughed off any chance of that! :p

Themer added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

'Even Holding', he is not biased, his view is no more valuable than any other neutral view.

Why not? The sound is as the bat hits the boot and after the ball has passed the bat, that is a 'high degree of certainty' to me.

Then how can you say it is not out with a high degree of certainty, which is what the ruling says.

I never said that it was 100% out, I said in my opinion it wasn't out just didn't seem right but I also say that from what the 3rd ump saw it shouldn't have been reversed

The point about Holding wasn't that I was suggesting he might be more biased towards the West Indies its just he knows this ruling inside out as he was part of the panel that introduced it.

How would you go if we have as Nass said 120 overs left in the game? Bat 50 in One Day mode? Strauss and Shah opening, with Pietersen at 3? Try and get as close to 300 as possible, then leave West Indies as many as possible with 70 overs to bat? Could leave them in a tough situation whether they go for it, or block and draw.

what if England's going for 300 from 50 over sparks a collapse end up 51 all out again.

doubt the 51 all out will happen again but 150 if they start swinign wildly could be a possibility.

I never said that it was 100% out, I said in my opinion it wasn't out just didn't seem right but I also say that from what the 3rd ump saw it shouldn't have been reversed

The point about Holding wasn't that I was suggesting he might be more biased towards the West Indies its just he knows this ruling inside out as he was part of the panel that introduced it.

Fair enough about Holding, but I'd be severely worried if the umpires did not know the ruling inside out, it is their job to do so. Dar is a competant umpire and I think he got this one right. Moreover, we don't know what the third umpire was discussing. There might not have been conclusive evidence (though, for the nth time, that is not the rule) but Harper may have merely asked about the timing of the sound, once that is sorted, then Harper can change his decision.

If they give themselves 50 overs they won't have to swing wildly though, just construct an ODi innings, they're not going to go into T20 mode until the end. 6 an over against Powell, Edwards, Baker, Hinds, Gayle and Nash shouldn't be too difficult tbh, not on a pitch as flat as this. Gotta bowl 'em out first though!

For the sake of the spectators I'm in the go-for-a-result camp especially as it will expose the Windies for picking such a poor bowling attack.

If they give themselves 50 overs they won't have to swing wildly though, just construct an ODi innings, they're not going to go into T20 mode until the end. 6 an over against Powell, Edwards, Baker, Hinds, Gayle and Nash shouldn't be too difficult tbh, not on a pitch as flat as this. Gotta bowl 'em out first though!

True 6 an over against the guy you mentioned is not hard but Fidel on flat pitches can be surprising. He is allot like Anderson even more because he goes out and give his best on any surface. He knows how to bowl full fast and straight and that is probably the way to go.
Also no field restrictions.

Jimmy shouldn't be talking at Edwards, if Jimmy gets to bat he might end up eating a few.

For the sake of the spectators I'm in the go-for-a-result camp especially as it will expose the Windies for picking such a poor bowling attack.

not like we got better options lol. Sure Benn and his faster ball could have been useful if England decide to go for it.

Dare added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Has Jimmy had to bat yet in this series? :p

might end up coming in as a night watchmen depending on England approach.:p

Knowing England and the Nightwatchman incedent this series I wouldn't put it past them :p

If wants to win this match and square the series, they should have been batting already. I just now see that England has given 74 extras. Three more runs and they will get the record. A lot of them went as byes.

A lot of these calculations about 50 over slogs are based on the idea that we'll actually bowl the Windies out sometime tonight of course...

Users who are viewing this thread