Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Seeing as we're batmen light we can't go too agressively on a pitch with variable bounce.
27/2 - let's see how KP plays.

I'm back. Just in time for referral discussion it seems! Shah's gone...

Back to referral system...come on King P. How can you say there wasn't enough evidence to give Strauss out ? It was clearer than clearasil.

Let's be honest, the pics were crap though and show that, without hot spot, the evidence is inconclusive.
This does tie into what I said earlier though. The onfield umpire gave it out and if there is no clear evidence to overturn it you have to stick with that decision.
The pictures didn't provide clear evidence because I'm not sure they can but the sound certainly did.
Crazy.

This Adarsh. I'm not saying it wasn't out, it was obvious it was. But you can tell why Dar couldn't reverse the decision, as the pictures didn't clearly show an edge, and under the current system it couldn't be overturned. Same with Chanderpaul, although there was actually more evidence in that case.

Shah you twat you should have referred it. who knows what would have come out of it.

time for KPs average to take a dip, right Dan :p

This is getting interesting. Another 2 tonight and it could set up an exhilarating day tomorrow.

These umpires make for entertaining cricket viewing. Without these jokers this match woulda been quite boring I guess! Still shocking umpiring though.

A loud noise just as ball passes bat, where the bat isn't near anything but ball is clear enough evidence.

KP's going to bottle it. I can tell, just got that collapse feeling tonight. Not fancying England's chances, especially with 1 less batsman than we should have.

Gayle should have referred there. Hawkeye showed it was htting leg stump. Looked out in real time as well.

Bob Willis is just awesome. Seriously. What a man.

The umps have got to go. I'm guessing there was a reason that Tiffin was demoted so what did he do to come back into tests? Maybe the umpire chewing gum stopped him from hearing the noise. :D

We need some old skool KP here.

Drop Shah he has more than enough opportunities play Bopara.

Chuffin' ell. He's had 6 innings. I reckon it'd be harsh to drop him so soon after he's watched Bell fail so many times while carrying the drinks

AHHHH. The third umpire has the sound turned off when he sees the replay. I forgive Aleem Darr. That said, that is bloody stupid.

Gayle should have referred there. Hawkeye showed it was htting leg stump. Looked out in real time as well.

I'm sure he would have if he had 2, but since he lost one on that Strauss referral he didn't want to risk it.

Dare added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

AHHHH. The third umpire has the sound turned off when he sees the replay. I forgive Aleem Darr. That said, that is bloody stupid.

says who? Holding and Botham (I think it was) said that Darr told the on field umpire "I hear something but I cant see any deviation".

KP's started surprisingly nicely, hit a couple of booming drives and a couple of leg-side flicks. I honestly can't see it lasting though unfortunately.

Shah's had 6 innings and failed in all but 1 of them, Bopara came in for 1 innings and made a hundred. He should now be in possession, considering he performed, and Shah should be working to get it back, he's not performed, Bopara came in and scored 2 hundreds in 2 innings, one of them after not sleeping and with jet lag. He's got the talent, and clearly has the mental strength to achieve at this level. I say get him in. I am speaking with Essex bias though of course ;)

Users who are viewing this thread