Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
To be fair for the way they when about it they deserved to loose but you can't take away what was a brilliant performance by them in the series.

no! you can put that in different words and say they battled well for the entire tests and deserved a draw.

not the way you guys are putting it.

no! you can put that in different words and say they battled well for the entire tests and deserved a draw.

not the way you guys are putting it.

I do agree, it is slightly blunt.

Congrats to the windies, completely understand why they went for the draw.

Ouch, England.

To be honest, in England's main goal, the ODi's are useless. I'm quite annoyed by both the ECB and Samit Patel that he wont be there, but hopefully Rashid will live up to his expectation. Watched him a few times down the pub in OD games, he looks like he might just have the balls to get a few.

Dan, you're being a bit unfair. I think a drawn series would be fair, but the Windies didn't deserve to lose this one!

A drawn series would have been fair, but coming in with 1 bowler, 2 at a push if you count Baker. They never even looked like trying to force a result, and Gayle was on the defensive from the start. If it wasn't for the flat pitch for the first 4 and a half days they would have lost. It may sound unfair and biased, but it's true. I have a great deal of respect for this West Indian side, they battled hard throughout the series, and deserved to draw the series, but their tactics for this game deserved to come back and bite them on the arse.

Si, Patel deserves to be dropped. If he cant be arsed to get off his fat arse and get fitter after constant warnings from various parties, he deserves to be dropped. Simple as.

Congrats to the windies, completely understand why they went for the draw.

Ouch, England.

What's the ouch about?

That last session shows just which players have the 3 Lions in their hearts. I look forward to the series this summer.

A drawn series would have been fair, but coming in with 1 bowler, 2 at a push if you count Baker. They never even looked like trying to force a result, and Gayle was on the defensive from the start. If it wasn't for the flat pitch for the first 4 and a half days they would have lost. It may sound unfair and biased, but it's true. I have a great deal of respect for this West Indian side, they battled hard throughout the series, and deserved to draw the series, but their tactics for this game deserved to come back and bite them on the arse.

Si, Patel deserves to be dropped. If he cant be arsed to get off his fat arse and get fitter after constant warnings from various parties, he deserves to be dropped. Simple as.

I do agree, hence my annoyance at Patel.

He has the makings of a good ODi player for England, and he can bat and spin bowl, which is somewhat of a rarity to find. Australia have Symonds (just for how long who knows, they had Hogg) all decent sides seem to have that all-round spinner who can hold up an end OR be destructive on cue, I really thought Samit could work himself into a position where his place was unquestionable.

Its his own fault totally, and if Rashid does well, well congratulations to our new leg-spinner, if not, well I hope Patel just gets fitter.

It'd sum up the selection procedures down to an absolute ass-hole tee wouldn't it?

Flat tracks + An aggressive West Indies + Batty = Idiots,

Flat tracks + An aggressive West Indies + Rashid = A real test where it shows what he's made of!

The sum is pretty simple really. And I'm not good at maths! ;)

What's the ouch about?

That last session shows just which players have the 3 Lions in their hearts. I look forward to the series this summer.

The ouch was for the English fans who thought they'd role over WI, cf. Dares sig.

Yeah, in hindsight maybe a little too cocky, but with good reason. We should have beat the West Indies, but they did rally quite remarkably.

Dude, you support Australia, I only recognise Ponting in the team list now :p shhh

Our problem is we're not brave enough. We're too scared of losing, so we bat and bat and bat. And then, when we have the opposition 8 or 9 down, we run out of time. This has happened time and time again. If we'd have had another hour or so, I can't see the Windies holding out, not with that pitch starting to do the things it was doing. How much more did they need to win? 100? 130? They were nowhere near winning. We should've won this series, but because we're so bloody negative, we have lost. I am very worried about the Summer, especially if you look at how well the Aussies are doing right now.

What are we now? Sixth??

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Well done to the Windies. Whilst it is sad for England to have lost the series, it is good to see Windies coming back to a competitive level. Swann has really played well for us this Tour, but it was a shame about the pitches, meaning that some of the matches were never going to get results.

Amen to that. The last couple of matches featured some of the most boring cricket I've ever had to sit through and the blame for a lot of that has to go to the pitches.

I do agree MasterBlaster, BUT, we're not always scared.

I think it was a massive negetive Pietersen stepping down. His mentality is what we needed, If he was captain, we'd have won this series. I wholeheartedly believe it. If he'd been captain for that session, we'd have declared a little earlier and got the runs a little quicker.

Strauss is a typical English man, a bit reserved and just plans for the what-ifs?

Users who are viewing this thread