Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Possibly, but Prior didn't make a mistake until the final Test, he was solid with the gloves and far better with the bat.

true he was good behind the stumps before the final test but that test is still a part of the series and counts. Ramdin was better with the gloves for the entire series.

What would your series XI be? I'd go with:

Strauss
Gayle *
Sarwan
Pietersen
Collingwood
Nash
Prior +
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Edwards

Chanderpaul for Pietersen
Taylor for Anderson/Broad

I can't believe Edwards average was only 54.88.

Doesn't help when he scoffs up with the gloves. Ramdin is the better keeper, and tbh you don't need a batheavy keeper when you've got Sarwan, Chanderpaul, KP, etc in front of you.

I believe tim ambrose is better keeper than prior. He play well in fourth test and got odd 70* is very impressive and keeping is too good. Prior is just good batman and not keeping.

In terms of sheer talent, I think there are other teams who are better. England do work hard though, and they are disciplined but I don't think the team itself is extremely talented. As good as Swann and Anderson bowled, they're not that great. Only Pietersen is truly brilliant, and Flintoff's bowling, whenever he plays, and Collingwood's fielding. The others are good. No more, no less.

I doubt if Flintoff will ever be the same player again after all these injuries, especially as far as batting's concerned. Shame.

Well as least the final days play was exciting to watch. England did well, but probably should have declared sooner.

I heard the result afterwards (was at Carrow Road) and straight away said we lack a killer instinct. When you have a team down to their last two or three wickets you have to finish it otherwise it is a lot of good work wasted. Did well to take 5 wickets in a session but we are just not good enough. We lost this series to an underestimating of the opposition, poor batting, awful pitches and digital light meters.

Not to mention some dodgy referral decisions. :p

On a side note Skater, when Norwich get relegated this year, ill be able to watch my old local team, Bristol Rovers play at carrow road.

After last night we still have a chance of staying up.

I forgot the shocking umpiring from Laurel & Hardy.

Users who are viewing this thread