Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Dare; said:
na Richards is from Barbados.
As for Marshall he has a bright future but he should be left to play some 1st class cricket and get some runs under his belt. There is not way that he should be in the squad ahead of someone like Simmons. Simmons has a better average in domestic cricket and could be a much better option at #4 than Marshall.
I like Marshall he is probably the best fielder in the team and has a good future ahead of him if he stays on track. Also this is his home ground so he might just come out and surprise us and get a good score.

Yes, my bad. Simmons will not go in at 4, if he comes into the team it will be to open and it will also give us a left hand, right hand combination.

Yes, my bad. Simmons will not go in at 4, if he comes into the team it will be to open and it will also give us a left hand, right hand combination.

I would like him to open too but latelly he has been playing in the middle order for T&T so that might influence the selectors. I also doubt they would let him open with a guy like Barath waiting to take his spot in a year or sooner.

Dare; said:
I would like him to open too but latelly he has been playing in the middle order for T&T so that might influence the selectors. I also doubt they would let him open with a guy like Barath waiting to take his spot in a year or sooner.

Yes but he started his cricket opening the batting, for Trinidad and U19 for West Indies.
I just don't see them disrupting the middle order as it is, unless Marshall fails badly, but Smith is a problem and that might just be the fix we need, and the left right combination will make it a plus. If they bring him in it will be to open, unless of course we win the match or it ends in a draw and they maintain the same team.

Yes but he started his cricket opening the batting, for Trinidad and U19 for West Indies.
I just don't see them disrupting the middle order as it is, unless Marshall fails badly, but Smith is a problem and that might just be the fix we need, and the left right combination will make it a plus. If they bring him in it will be to open, unless of course we win the match or it ends in a draw and they maintain the same team.

I have a feeling that no matter if we win or lose Marshall will be the man out if Richards gets healthy and Marshall doesn't make a 50 at least.

I have a feeling that no matter if we win or lose Marshall will be the man out if Richards gets healthy and Marshall doesn't make a 50 at least.

That remains to be seen, at 32 Richards will not be favored over a 22 year old with the ability and potential of the X-man. If you lose you make changes, if you draw or win that hardly happens in cricket.

You never know Richards could be the next Hussey? Bit ambitious... meh i'd rather pick a form player and if Richards is in form (no matter what age) and performs he should be in the team.

How on earth can Harmison be bowling so slowly he has to go we need an allout quick bowler to compliment the bowling a bit more, a strike bowler, to be used in quick stints. If he's fit and firing I'd whack Simon Jones back into the team for the Home series against West Indies as he was brilliant last year until his injury plus he's th ebest in the world probably with the old ball.

Themer added 4 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Lol as soon as I say Simon Jones they start talking about him. I could do their job of commentating. :p

How on earth can Harmison be bowling so slowly he has to go we need an allout quick bowler to compliment the bowling a bit more, a strike bowler, to be used in quick stints. If he's fit and firing I'd whack Simon Jones back into the team for the Home series against West Indies as he was brilliant last year until his injury plus he's th ebest in the world probably with the old ball.

Come on give Hamo a break, this is his favorite hunting ground, had 7 for 12, I think he is doing ok with the ball, give credit to our batsmen.

He just can't get anything right to be honest. His bowling is completely off. Sidebottom has been pretty disappointing as well. His average is much better than he's actually been to be honest. I can't understand why Anderson was dropped. Was he injured or something?

Nah, hes right, Harmys crap. Sideys bowling too wide again as well. We're crap. Get Simon Jones, Jimmy Anderson and Owais Shah in!

Mate can you please wait on the return series and not disrupt things as they are!! We have our fair share or crap too you know in fact if am not mistaken you pointed one out in the person of Daren Powell:D

Harmison doesn't deserve a break not when you bowl like this, the thing is he's not the most accurate bowler but that doesn't bother you as you get his pace on top of that, atm he's not bowling with alot of accuracy nor pace, infact hes bowling at Hoggards speed!
Freds bowled quite well and Sidey has done well even if he hasn't looked over threatening.
Regardless of how the second innings goes atm Harmy and Broad out Jimmy and maybe Swann in if the pitch is spinning or else keep Broad in even if hes been poor hes been better than Harmy and offers more.in general.
When we get to England big changes need to happen we need to see people picked on form and how well there have done in the past, NOT on potential as if anything Broads potential is being wasted by him playing at a level that he's not quite up to yet.
Same with the batsmen Bell out Shah in possibly dropping Collingwood if someone on the FC circuit does well such as Patel who did well last year or Key who would be perfectly suited to the number 3.

On a different note I'm not liking the use of the refferals they make the game extremely slow and give people false hope before dahing them. I feel the umpires should make all decisions not the 3rd umpire who has even got one wrong in this match.

Themer added 18 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Sidebottoms looked better I think today he's made the batsman play alot more that yesterday as they could have left nearly every ball.

wow all 6 balls from Broads 1st over were way wide. do they want to win this thing.

Nothing going Englands way here. Windies giving us no chances. We just have to keep going. We're actually bowling well. This batting line up is still getoutable (good word) Chanderpaul aside.

Themer I agree our attack is ineffective generally though. For the next test I say get Swann and Anderson in. Then when we get home get Kabir Ali in and Hoggy back in. Ali is probably the best bowler in England. Hoggard just does what Sidebottom does only better. I would love to see Simon Jones back but it's time we realised he is the Louis Saha of cricket. In fact if I was picking a bowling line up I wouldn't pick any of this attack :p Battingwise for now I would just drop mr potential.

Of course I'm more than happy to forgive one of the bowlers if they get a load of wickets now.

Monty's looked better today aswell, I say this as he hit for 6 and another, I think Ill stop this sentence now. :noway

Users who are viewing this thread