Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
3 tests? Plan is probably to win the first two then give Rashid a debut at the 3rd. Though he'd probably do as good a job as Monty, plus he can bat at about 6/7.

They should but I'm not so sure that they will. If they wanted to give Rashid a go they would have done in the last test against India. I just see Swann or Panesar playing as our only spinner.

Why? Just because they can both bat?

One can be justified to strengthen the batting line up and give depth, but neither bowl to a suitable standard to justify having both, imo.

Rashid over Panesar any day at the moment. We are only playing West Indies for god sakes. Swann deserves his place at the moment though with Rashid as reserve.

Rashid for sure, got to give the guy a chance, and hopefully, he turns out to be a little gem. Would be very useful against Australia.

Rashid over Panesar any day at the moment. We are only playing West Indies for god sakes. Swann deserves his place at the moment though with Rashid as reserve.

I think the selectors should have made a bold decision and chosen either Panesar or Rashid for the squad and the other goes and plays for the England Lions. There is no point in Rashid being there for the ride, if he's not going to play (and I don't think he will) then he should have been selected for the England Lions and at least would have gotten overs under his belt.

One can be justified to strengthen the batting line up and give depth, but neither bowl to a suitable standard to justify having both, imo.

Rashid's bowling is of good enough standard imo to warrant a test place without having to be a good batsman.

I think they should bite the bullet and drop Broad though I really don't see him developing into the bowler that they think he will. Let him have two or three years in County Cricket then revisit him if he proves himself.

They should but I'm not so sure that they will. If they wanted to give Rashid a go they would have done in the last test against India. I just see Swann or Panesar playing as our only spinner.

Did nobody really take it onboard that the only reason Rashid went to India was for tour experience. They weren't going to pick him. The ECB even said that was the case!

Did nobody really take it onboard that the only reason Rashid went to India was for tour experience. They weren't going to pick him. The ECB even said that was the case!

I know but it was a good chance to give a go due to monty's poor performance in the first test.

It is interesting that much is not being said here, if anything at all, prior to the West Indies tour by England, of the ongoing issue between coach and captain. It would seems from most, if not all pundits that captain is the best interest of England cricket and coach should go, as to what kind of precedent that would set is unknown. But I guess if a captain and his team can deliver then he might as well get what he wants.

Andrew Strauss has been appointed as England's captain for the entire tour of the West Indies, 24 hours after being unveiled as the new Test skipper. He will work alongside the current coaching set-up, headed by Andy Flower, although according to an ECB statement, his one-day captaincy will be reviewed at the end of the tour, leaving open the possibility that England could yet seek their fourth captain in 12 months should results not go to plan.

Source

Lets hope he lives upto expectations...

Sky Sports have confirmed they will show every ball of England's tour of the West Indies in stunning high definition. After trialling it in the Stanford Super Series, it is set to be the first overseas Test match and One Day International series broadcast in HD, which provides 5x better picture quality than usual.

/Wishes he had Sky HD. :(

Can't warrant paying for it though tbh, not enough HD channels, and the boxes are still way too expensive. May consider by the time the next overseas Ashes series comes round :p

/Wishes he had Sky HD. :(

Can't warrant paying for it though tbh, not enough HD channels, and the boxes are still way too expensive. May consider by the time the next overseas Ashes series comes round :p
*delighted at finding something he has and KP doesn't* :happy

We're dropping Sky Sports from our package. Not that I'm in the slightest bit bothered. International cricket is nothing in comparison to county cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread