Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Shiv can make some more history and pass Viv Richards for the 2nd spot on the WI all time run scorers list. He needs 337 runs and since its 4 test series he should get there.

West Indies A squad to face England.

West Indies A 1 Adrian Barath, 2 Brandon Bess, 3 Darren Bravo, 4 Amit Jaggernauth, 5 Leon Johnson, 6 Nelon Pascal, 7 Keiran Powell, 8 Kemar Roach, 9 Darren Sammy, 10 Lendl Simmons, 11 Devon Thomas, 12 Gavin Wallace.

Starts on Wednesday doesn't it, the tour game?

Can't wait for the 4th.

So they arrive in the Caribbean on Wednesday, and play the first tour game on Sunday. Ok.

Shiv can make some more history and pass Viv Richards for the 2nd spot on the WI all time run scorers list. He needs 337 runs and since its 4 test series he should get there.

The way he normally plays against England, the first test shoud do it :noway

here is the WI squad for the 1st test in Jamaica.

West Indies squad Chris Gayle (capt), Dale Richards, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Brendan Nash, Denesh Ramdin, Jerome Taylor, Fidel Edwards, Daren Powell, Sulieman Benn, Xavier Marshall, Lionel Baker, Amit Jaggernauth.

Chattergoon has been dropped from the team and Dale Richards has been called up. A bit of a surprise since he is 33 years old but he does have a good First Class average, he started this years First Class competition of with one fifty and one century.
Devon Smith comes back in after scoring a double century in his 1st domestic game of the year. Also Amit Jaggernauth is called up and he is also a member of the WI A team that will face England before the 1st test.
Ramdin gets another shot and I hope that if he fails that this is his last one for a while.
Disappointed that Kemar Roach didn't get selected over Powell, I wonder why they keep selecting this guy.

Nearly a same squad that played against Kiwiz recently. Surprise to see Dale there, though never seen his batting but i think he s opener, isn't he?
Good to see Powell there. I always wanted him to have another go. Regarding to spinners it is quite clear that if Amit would do anything special in practice match then only i can see him playing 1st test.
Serious business for Ramdin this time. One more failure and I am sure he would be disappointed. Still I would have not selected him for this series even. He have had his chances. But you never know some guys just love to perform under pressure only.

yea Richards is a opener and he will compete with Devon Smith to determine who will open with Gayle.
I'm not sure about Powell vaibhav. In my opinion he has had enough chances and hasn't proven anything. 32 tests, 79 wickets, average 46 and strike rate of 81. That is not even close to the standard of a international bowler. I feel that it is better to give chances to youngsters who can at least improve rather than wasting that spot on a 30 year old bowler.

England ar 20 for 1, with Strauss getting a second ball duck!

Where are you getting the news from? Nothing on cricinfo?

oh so there is no ball by ball or anything for this one?

Users who are viewing this thread