Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
You talk about cook going from where he left off Bell is aswel. Gets a 30 and then decides its enough :p. The cricinfo scorecard isnt very good but it will have to do for us.

Hello hello! Looks like addidas have a new player....

98350.jpg

I'd give Bell two tests and if he fails again, Shah is in.

Just saw Strauss' wicket on BBC News and I actually lol'd. He just stuck his bat out and waited for it. Shocking shot.

Pietersen proves his god-like status once more with a cracking ton. I can seriously see KP proving the doubters wrong and shutting everyone up who criticised him in the whole Moores debarcle. 103 off 107 balls is cracking batting, he's going to make some seriously heavy runs this year. I can see him leading the run scoring tables and possibly averages as well this year, last year was the year of Smith, this year's going to begin the era of King Pietersen. =D

Owais staking his claim as well with a fast paced 80* off 85. He's gotta be in the side surely? I'd still prefer to see Bell in ahead of Collingwood though tbh, I'm not a particuarly big Colly fan, just have to see how he performs in the Warm Up.

In my opinion I think its fairly safe to say that Shah will be in the Test squad now, especially with Strauss being a Middlesex team mate, good to see Pietersen silence any lingering worries of how the how debacle would effect him.

I feel that Shah will come in for Colly especially with him not being in the team suggests to me that they'll go Bell and Shah.

Also think that Rashid might have a chance of playing one of the tests as with him in it really balances the team out nicely giving us alot of batting depth and with Monty gives us variation in the type of spin. Swann would just miss out but if Monty doesn't bowl well or Rashid then he'd take their place depending on the type of pitch, e.g. if it was a quick bouncy wicket Broad would come in instead,

England: Strauss (C), Cook, Shah, Pietersen, Bell, Flintoff, Prior (W), Rashid, S Harmison, Anderson, Panesar

That looks a solid lineup in my opinion

I would love Rashid to be great and stuff but his record is average. I wouldn't mind playing him in a dead rubber and he can't be worse than Monty but I'd go with
Strauss, Cook, Shah, KP, Colly, Fred, Prior, Broad, Swann, Anderson, Harmy.
We all know it will be this though
Strauss, Cook, Bell, KP, Colly, Fred, Prior, Broad, Harmison, Anderson, Monty

Btw who is the coach? Andy Flower?

Oh well Freds got a side strain which will probably see him out for ages so swap him in the side for Sidebottom. Of course the selectors will pick Bell but 5 bowlers is more fun imo.

Ben was named in the squad for the 1st test in Jamaica but Nikita miller who is from Jamaica just picked up 8/41 in his 1st innings. The selectors have it the wrong way around, Ben or Mohammed in ODIs and 20/20s but Miller or Jaggs in tests.

It is probably easier to hack into the social security system than get updates from this game. Cricinfo are only updating their scorecard after every session, there are very rare updates from Agnew on the radio. Not even local radio in St Kitts is covering it!

Users who are viewing this thread