• Ramnaresh Sarwan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
great innings by Strauss.

Fidel doesn't care what kind of wicket it is he will still bowl bouncers.
Also the team needs to make a change for the next test and bring in Baker instead of Powell.

Shame to lose Strauss so close to the end of the day. English players still fail to convert way too many 100s into 200s. I believe that KP and Colly are the only two players in the side with a double-tonne to their names.

What's more worrying than the 200 conversion rate is Cook's apparent inability to convert 50's.

Failing to convert 160 odd into 200s is a problem any batsman would love to have!

Great day for England. Push on for 600 tomorrow then have an hour at them tomorrow night.

Take that Srauss doubters. Sounds like a great innings. Well done England for bouncing back.

Failing to convert 160 odd into 200s is a problem any batsman would love to have!

I agree that we have bigger problems but it's something that always annoyed me with players like Vaughan, Bell, Strauss, Cook, Flintoff etc. No 200s. I mean c'mon; even Jason Gillespie has one!

Great day for England today after the shocker at Jamaica. 550 to 600 tomorrow and we have a great chance with the WI under pressure after a huge score.

Interesting that Swann has been selected since he didn't play in the test at the Viv Stadium but surely he can do better than Panesar. Shame Harmison is back in though after he didn't perform at Jamaica.

Without trying to sound like captain obvious the Windies need to take early wickets tomorrow. Taylor with Benn. Tempt KP early and remove Jimmy as fast as possible. Early pressure can buy a few wickets. Also congrats to Strauss. And on the previous Bell argument i agree with King Pietersen that Bell has the stuff to be an awesome player. But he needs a year of county cricket. Imagine a consistent run of big scores and Bell will fulfill his talent. He's not Ramprakash because Bell has a genuinely good average for International cricket. Also, he needs to get laid more often and get a new girlfriend. I can imagine why he's struggling mentally with that kind of creature...

Jimmy to score 4 runs. You heard it here first. ;)

Last edited:
Nah, once Collingwood goes this has got an England collapse written all over it. We'll probably limp our way to about 410 or something.

But on another note it'd be sweet if our Fred repeats the hundred he scored when he last came to this ground.

This is a cracking spell from Fidel Edwards. Pace, change of length and good carry! Looking very dangerous, just hope KP gets through it.

Its funny how everytime England go out and bat with intent to score quickly we look alot better, yes its a flat pitch but so was the last pitch and in that we played defensively and collapsed. Same happened back in the Ashes 2005 we played defensively in the first match and were obliterated second match we went out with some intent to attack all the Aussie bowlers including Warne and scored 400 runs in a day, perhaps we should play more aggressively more of the time?

While Im writing this this is brilliant spell from Edwards this is why he's probably my favourite non English player, when it all goes right he has pace bounce and is threatening to any batsmen. That bouncer a bit back to Collingwood would have been unplayable to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread