Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Its a shame that Powells at the other end as England would be right under the cosh if someone bowled half aswell as Edwards is at the moment, even someone who's economical would be good here rather that the half tracker rubbish that he's delivered this spell. I'd bring Benn on if I were Gayle, his fitness permitting, try and tempt Pietersen into a big shot.

I have to say, I've been impressed with Collingwood so far. Been nice and attacking, very good strike rate and really feeding off the short pitched bowling. England looking good here. 350 up.

That looked a tad painful for Pietersen, come to think of it he doesn't look in form at all Pietersen, he's looked rather tentative of the short ball and has struggled against Powell who hasn't bowled well at all tbh.
Collingwood on the other hand hasn't looked in any trouble at all but aslong as Pietersen keeps in I don't think it matters how in form he is :p.

Yeh, Pietersens looked strangely off form today. I'm sure he'll come good the longer he's out there. Started to show some promising signs by advancing to Powell though, so just hope he takes his time and finds form.

This is a cracking spell from Fidel Edwards. Pace, change of length and good carry! Looking very dangerous, just hope KP gets through it.

Top spell of bowling. If he could consistently find this 90mph area, he could be a superb bowler. Unfortunately, he is prone to spells such as in the first Test where he was bowling slow and without venom.

Benn into the attack, good move by Gayle they should be trying to tempt Pietersen and to a lesser extent Collingwood to go for the big shot, its their best bet of getting KP out imo.

I don't think it is their best chance tbh. Shah and Strauss took to him yesterday and he looked pretty ineffective without the big turn of Jamaica. Taylor or Edwards are the 2 bowlers that could get KP out, but neither are bowling atm, due to Taylor being off the field and Edwards having just finished a spell. That drive off Powell could be something to get him going!

Well done Colly. Been a very good all-round batting performance by England. Looks like dropping Bell was the right thing :D :p

The Windies are stuffed. The only guy who is getting the ball to rear up has to bowl furious spells to do it. England will be able to bounce the hell out of the West Indian batsmen in relative comfort.

Great session for England there, only Anderson gone.

England will bat for most of the next session if not all then declare and try and get some wickets late on. All is good again in the England camp :)

Congratulations to Collingwood, it's been a good display from him and the rest of the England batsmen. 500+ is inevitable now, or should be.

England are in a strong position to dominate here, Next session is vital. If they can maybe get to 500 then they will be in complete control. I reckon Swann could do some damage on this pitch later on in the Match.

Users who are viewing this thread