Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
how many inside edges did Strauss have so far in this test.

damn Hinds puts down Anderson.

Last edited:
Swann said 3-4 hours batting. They should be pushing for 60-70 runs an hour minimum. Minimum 13 overs an hour, 5 an over, 65. 130, would be 440 ahead at lunch. One more hour at most.

Great day for Swann and Flintoff, very credible performance given the injury.

Don't agree with Beefy believing they'll be 450 at Lunch, they'd have to really go for it to get there. But I think an hour after lunch would be a good time to declare, there's no point batting till tea as you won't bowl them out in 4 sessions, not with ease anyway. Going to be a very interesting next 2 days, hopefully England'll come out on top and level in the series.

Swann said 3-4 hours batting. They should be pushing for 60-70 runs an hour minimum. Minimum 13 overs an hour, 5 an over, 65. 130, would be 440 ahead at lunch. One more hour at most.

5 an over is a bit optimistic Nigel. The West Indies would have to pretty ordinary to be going at 5 an over.

For me, they should go at 3-4 runs an over until Lunch and then have an onslaught after Lunch, declare half an hour before tea and have 4 1/2 sessions to bowl out the West Indies again.

Panesar may not get a run for a while. Exceptional performance from Swann. Surely England's number 1 spinner now.

Swann has surprised me, he always seemed to be a bit of a journeyman to me, plugging away for Notts. I thought he might just be good enough for ODI cricket but now I've changed my mind. He is a breath of fresh air really, a spinner who causes problems, can bat a bit and is a character in the dressing room.

I had a dream about Swann where he came to live with me in the desert and he was wrongly accused of a crime and got sent down and I got really upset. Ever since then I have been a Swann fan. We've been through so much together.

Just need to pile on the runs, if Jimmys going to hang about retire him.

Yes I don't think anyone had thought Swann would have the impact he has done. Will be interesting to see how he progresses from here and whether he can tie down a regular spot in the team.

I would like us to declare about 30-40 minutes after lunch today; if a batsmen gets going then it is more than possible we can get a lead of around 470 if we do that.

Hopefully we'll see Flintoff coming up the order for some quick runs, although come to think about it Shah and Pietersen score quick enough anyway.

We need to be going about 4 an over this morning and hopefully declare at Lunch with a lead of around 450 + which would leave us plenty of time

Poor drop that by Gayle, England are batting way to slow they'll still be batting at Tea at this rate.

This is bad. Need a wicket! Shah knows what to do as will KP, am not sure why they don't kjust retire Anderson, other than the fact it would prove Beefys point and he'd love that.

Shahs done well since he's came in looked far more aggressive than Cook. Still hope of a Lunch declaration.

Cook's run rate has been on the increase since Anderson got out, so its good to have Shah in just for the positive effect he's having on Cook. Not doing too badly himself either.

Users who are viewing this thread