Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
You were calling for him to go back to Notts a week ago dan!

Close again from Broad, unlucky, needs to keep his head up and they'll come.

Maybe I'm right about him after all. I was the only one defending him for a long time, and now hes starting to come good. Hopefully the same will happen with Bell so I can gloat some more :p

I was so engraged about the outrageous favour he has been given by the selectors (compared Plunkett or Mahmood who achieved similar statistics after their first eight or nine Tests who were dropped) that I have brushed over the obvious talent. But is he really starting to come good, he has produced two good spells in succession. He is going have to do more than that to sway me permanently. Heck, if you look over my posts, I have never doubted his ability to produce the odd good spell in Test cricket.

To be honest the selectors have probably kept him in the team longer than he should have been there, you compare him to Tremlett who played 3 tests did very well against India and they haven't came back to him since while Broads been kept in despite his poor record.

England should win this now.
Shame for Sarwan trying to go big for his century.
Swann has done alot better than I thought he would has kept it tight and spun it quite big at times.
Lets finish them off while they're down now.

I don't think we'll enforce the follow on if the chance arises either. Might as well bat and set the Windies 470-500 4th innings with 4.5/5 sessions to bat and wrap up a win.

King Pietersen added 50 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Finally another wicket, Flintoff the go to man as always picks up Nash. Just need to get Taylor now to set up a possible follow-on.

Another wicket, Fred again hopefully we can pick the last few up quickly now tis a puzzler as to whether we should enforce the Follow on I personally would do theres no downside to putting them straight back in as I suspect tomorrow Harmison with be feeling better and Flintoff might be a bit better tomorrow.
I rather we put them striaght back in than us batting too long and only giving ourselfs 4 sessions to bowl them out as on this pitch you need time + I don't see WIndies getting anything over 300 runs in their second innings.

Themer added 3 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

5 wickets for Swann, good calll on dropping Panesar

Benn gone as well. 5fer for Swanny, he's been fantastic in this game, and also bowled very nicely in India. He's got to have a prolonged spell in the side now!. 1 wicket to get, should be over soon, with the chance of either seeing Gayle and Smith or Strauss and Cook batting this evening. England well on top.

Allout, England aren't enforcing the follow on hopefully we attack them from the off we might aswell try get a quick 50 odd on the board

All over, Flintoff gets Taylor. England are not going to enforce the follow on apparently, as I mentioned earlier. Will need to bat quickly and get at least 4 and a half sessions bowling at West Indies with 450+ on the board.

majority of the better batsman got out to poor shots. but credit to England they bowled well especially Swann.

I agree with the decision about not enforcing the follow on, plenty of time left in the game, plenty of runs in front and the pitch will only get worse. I'd say if everything goes to plan then we could bat until halfway through tomorrow and set them 450 or so. Plus no point bowling with Flintoff obviously not in full fitness and Harmison not feeling too great either.

Users who are viewing this thread