Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Swanny got 2fer, Powell finally out. Another before lunch would be fantastic, Broads bowling brilliantly as well. England in a good position.

King Pietersen added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Another Koertzen clanger, that was plumb!!

It's nice that after all the stick the referrals system has taken Rudi Koertzen has stepped up to remind us why we need it.
Sorry, referrals. Should never have doubted you...

It's nice that after all the stick the referrals system has taken Rudi Koertzen has stepped up to remind us why we need it.
Sorry, referrals. Should never have doubted you...

We'd have probably wasted them already though.

Still, Swann's bowling well, keeps this up and Monty will be in the sidelines for a while

Although that was plumb I still prefer it that the umpire makes the decision if they had gone to the 3rd umpire it would have taken alot of time out of the game.

I don't get where everyone is like it takes so much time out of the game? Its not like it takes 10 minutes to make a decision! 10 Minutes is a bout an over and a bit. A referral will only take a few minutes and in most cases up to a minute max. Thats about 5 minutes you lose in a day? OMG thats so much time!

And I'd rather see them take that extra time and get the right outcome and decision. I like the referral system, it just didn't work too well in the last game because that prat Harper was in charge.

There were always going to be teething problems and the umpires not knowing the rules themselves didn't help. I'm not convinced they've got the exact formula yet but I'm still massively in favour in principle.

LOL at Bob Willis talking about the 2 umpires again. He seriously is the best pundit currently on television. I love his hatred for Daryl Harper, and he seems to have the same for Rudy Koertzen as well. Love it.

Stats don't win cricket games Dan. Neither does Ian Bell.

Thats the best post ever, EVER!!!!!!

Anyway, I havent been on here for far to long, so may I please take this oopurtunity to say WELL DONE COLLY.

HE WINS MATCHES, he can stay in for hours on end, he can bog down the bowlers, and he can bat with tail. Unlike Bell, he doesnt try to drive on the 3rd ball and edge it to the keeper. He was able to convert his 199 to 200 against Austrailia! Bell fluffed it.

On top of that, Collingwood can bowl, and is widely regaurded as one of the, if not the fienst fielders since Jonty.

All Bell is usefull for is sticking in at Silly Point and / or Short Leg :D

In Conclusion, Monty is our best batsman

Why has Broad just been forgotten about again. Has been our best quick bowler.

Anyway well done Swann, England could do with one of Freds brilliant spells here to really get them on top.

Doubt Fred'll come one anytime soon for one of his spells, he's carrying a knock and hasn't looked good today.

I don't see why Harmison is bowling atm, 82 mph isn't good enough for someone who's there for pace give Broad the ball he looked good with the ball and was quicker than Harmison.

Swanns done well so far but they've finally started attacking him so a good chance to see how he reacts.

This is not looking good for England. Harmison struggling with heat exhaustion and sickness, Freddie carrying a knock, Swann getting tonked, Jimmy looking off his game and Broad wearing his invisible cloak. Need something to happen and it seems like Broad's going to have to be the one that provides it.

King Pietersen added 2 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Rightttt, Broad must surely be invisible, KP into the attack :/

It's obviously a great pitch to bat on. I don't know why all the fuss before the game started!
England are struggling and unless we can make some breakthroughts now and with the new ball this game will almost certainly be a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread