Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
On another thought, very irresponsible shot by gayle given the state of the match. As a captain, he should have batted more responsibly.

Nightwatchman Daren Powell :p I've seen him as nightwatchman before I think, saw it as a promotion and started to play his shots haha. Looking forward to seeing this. England massively on top.

My mistake, that wasn't Powell I remember doing that, was RP Singh. He was the best Night-watchman I've ever seen. They definitely need to get him back doing that role.

I'd expect to see a few Yorkers for Powell here, I'd have stuck Sarwan in considering there were a few overs left.

King Pietersen added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

WTF are England doing with No Balls, 3 from Harmison, 2 from Flintoff, 8 in total. Ridiculous.

Powell looks really good out there, His technique is really up there. I've probably jinxed him now though.

I remember RP Singh against England, He was playing his expansive drives almost every ball. Lol.

Another thought, Why did Gayle decided to field first on this pitch? I mean, your team is up 1-0 after they just royally thrashed the opposition and what better opportunity to bat first on a flat pitch and just shut down England. The pitch is behaving very badly here and Chanders and Sarwan will need to stay tomorrow and the next day if the windies are to have any chance of salvaging a draw from this.

It didn't look a flat pitch on the first day. It looked abit crumbly, had very little preparation, everyone including the groundsman said it was a bowl first wicket, it just hasn't turned out that way. Strauss said he'd have bowled first as well, can't blame Gayle for that.

There seems to be a lot of talk about Powell and a possible replacement, at this time based on experience and current form, it would have to be Pedro Collins, yes Roach is young and quick, but that does not always contribute to taking wickets.

Collins on the other hand has the ability, with limited speed but to swing the ball. He has over a hundred test wickets @ 34.63 with an Econ @ 3.16, which is far better than Powell wickets @ 45 plus a piece and even his brother Edwards. And his domestic form currently makes him the better choice. Just look at the current Domestic Season on going for the two in question!!

PT Collins:
M W SR Econ.
4 19 18.94 2.92

Roach
5 18 25.05 4.30

27 wickets at 41 in England last summer shows that Collins is not really good enough for Test cricket either, especially considering last summer was pretty bowler dominated, especially early on. Probably shows the difference in quality between the 2 domestic systems as well. Collins has a fantastic record in WI domestic cricket this year, 16 wickets at 17. I don't think he's good enough for Test Cricket though tbh.

Also, on a side note, how hard to understand is Fidel Edwards? Barely understood a word he said!

Good on Harmy, can't say I agree with his selection but he looked a bit up on pace and kept his head up after getting smashed. Bowlers need to sort the no balls out though.

Tomrrow will be the day that tells u show the match will go. Think Swann could be the key and Fred needs to it that dodgy length like Taylor was able to.

There seems to be a lot of talk about Powell and a possible replacement, at this time based on experience and current form, it would have to be Pedro Collins, yes Roach is young and quick, but that does not always contribute to taking wickets.

Collins on the other hand has the ability, with limited speed but to swing the ball. He has over a hundred test wickets @ 34.63 with an Econ @ 3.16, which is far better than Powell wickets @ 45 plus a piece and even his brother Edwards. And his domestic form currently makes him the better choice. Just look at the current Domestic Season on going for the two in question!!

PT Collins:
M W SR Econ.
4 19 18.94 2.92

Roach
5 18 25.05 4.30

Collins signed as a kolpak player so he isn't available for selection.

27 wickets at 41 in England last summer shows that Collins is not really good enough for Test cricket either, especially considering last summer was pretty bowler dominated, especially early on. Probably shows the difference in quality between the 2 domestic systems as well. Collins has a fantastic record in WI domestic cricket this year, 16 wickets at 17. I don't think he's good enough for Test Cricket though tbh.

Also, on a side note, how hard to understand is Fidel Edwards? Barely understood a word he said!

all Collins and Collymore are doing is taking spots away from youngsters. I like them both they were good bowlers for WI in the past but now that they signed as kolpaks they are just taking up spots.

Kolpak's can just leave their county contracts if an offer to play International cricket comes along can't they? Pretty sure Ryan McLaren was in a similar situation for South Africa before being selected for an ODi series, not really sure what happened there though tbh.

Kolpak's can just leave their county contracts if an offer to play International cricket comes along can't they? Pretty sure Ryan McLaren was in a similar situation for South Africa before being selected for an ODi series, not really sure what happened there though tbh.

they could but Collins was selected to play last year but than signed as a kolpak and said screw it ill play county.
As a WI fan I wouldn't want bowlers above 30 being selected for the team. Get in some younger guys, we really miss Bravo.

Surely that's something that West Indies have done wrong in recent times though? Selecting players on potential alone, as opposed to picking guys that are proven. It's proven with Marlon Samuels early in his career, and more recently with Xavier Marshall. I think it'd benefit the West Indies to bring in someone with experience, be it Collins or Collymore. There's no point bringing in a young bowler like Roach or Baker and then having to carry them in the side. Collymore and Collins would offer far more I think.

Surely that's something that West Indies have done wrong in recent times though? Selecting players on potential alone, as opposed to picking guys that are proven. It's proven with Marlon Samuels early in his career, and more recently with Xavier Marshall. I think it'd benefit the West Indies to bring in someone with experience, be it Collins or Collymore. There's no point bringing in a young bowler like Roach or Baker and then having to carry them in the side. Collymore and Collins would offer far more I think.

well Collymore is a kolkap and not even a regular for Barbados. Collins is a regular for Barbados and I'm sure that he would be more effective than Powell but I don't think that the team is even thinking about him.

also Taylor was brought in after only one game for Jamaica, I think the same goes for Fidel.

Users who are viewing this thread