Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
haha Good old poms!! Good to see that test cricket is alive. Gotta laugh at poms though. 51 all out one week and now missing out on a win like this. Well done Windies , I didnt expect to see this much fight from the windies.

Great game of test cricket , hats off to both teams.

KP won't miss a Test match, he may have an injury, but he'll battle through, unless it's worse than it looks. Certainly didn't appear to have broken a bone, and he was shaking hands with Windies players with that hand at the end. Flintoff will probably be out, with Bell/Bopara coming in, but I can't see Pietersen missing the Test tbh.

On a more positive note for England. Swann looks a promising prospect, He's been performing consistently.

Meh, I'm not too bothered tbh. Strauss had to go to 500 after what happened in India, and knowing that the Windies have a Sehwag-esque player than can change the game at the top of the innings. Sarwan played beautifully and deserved to save the game with his hundred. We should probably have won, but I think we did pretty well considering Freddie's injured and Harmison's clearly not 100%. We recovered brilliantly from Sabina Park, and that's the key. Just need to make sure we win the final 2 Tests of the series!
The West Indies are not as good as India, they don't have players like Tendulkar who can score at a good rate while not giving anything away. They would not have got 450, we didn't need to mess around trying to get 500. This is a team who are scared of winning.

We are probably in a worse state now than we were after 51 all out.

Lol, Chris Gayle is a Legend.

Leggie added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Anderson as a night watchman when you have a 300 lead :eek:

Well you don't want to lose someone like Shah or Pietersen on the eve of attacking.

Lol. There's no way we can be in a worse state than after the 51 All Out. That's a seriously idiotic statement. We've outplayed the Windies and deserved to win. I probably agree that 450 should have been enough, and we should probably have declared after KP got out, but you can see why Strauss declared after the loss in India. He didn't want that to happen again.

Lol, Chris Gayle is a Legend.
Well you don't want to lose someone like Shah or Pietersen on the eve of attacking.

I agree with Ian Botham and England had enough talent in the middle order to afford losing Shah or Pietersen, the fact is England ran of time because Anderson (not his fault mind) batted over an hour the next day.

its irreleveant anyway they batted too long in the 2nd Innings.

Last edited:
Lol Tom yup I do and if is luck that going our way then we gonna have them by the baskets full!!! Luck is good, when you are winning or drawing test matches:D

That offer to move to the Windies still there? :p I can feel da rhythm man!!!!! :cool: Better than supporting our team of bottlers :noway

Lol. There's no way we can be in a worse state than after the 51 All Out. That's a seriously idiotic statement. We've outplayed the Windies and deserved to win. I probably agree that 450 should have been enough, and we should probably have declared after KP got out, but you can see why Strauss declared after the loss in India. He didn't want that to happen again.
Think about it. At Sabina Park we were thrashed by a West Indian team who were absolutely on fire in a game we had no chance of winning anyway. Here, we had our chance to win the game - we were ONE good ball away from winning. That is going to take a lot out of the team.

Meh, I'm not too bothered tbh. Strauss had to go to 500 after what happened in India, and knowing that the Windies have a Sehwag-esque player than can change the game at the top of the innings. Sarwan played beautifully and deserved to save the game with his hundred. We should probably have won, but I think we did pretty well considering Freddie's injured and Harmison's clearly not 100%. We recovered brilliantly from Sabina Park, and that's the key. Just need to make sure we win the final 2 Tests of the series!
The West Indies are not as good as India, they don't have players like Tendulkar who can score at a good rate while not giving anything away. They would not have got 450, we didn't need to mess around trying to get 500. This is a team who are scared of winning.

Lee's overemotive ramblings are right on the money here, for me.

That offer to move to the Windies still there? :p I can feel da rhythm man!!!!! :cool: Better than supporting our team of bottlers :noway

LMAO team of bottlers LOL. Anyway stop balming umpires and light meters because if it was England you would have gotten the same result. Stop saying it was Strauss fault because he is just new to captaincy and played it safe.

I think WI will gain alot more from this test than England, I don't think this game was a step forward for Eng.

LMAO team of bottlers LOL. Anyway stop balming umpires and light meters because if it was England you would have gotten the same result. Stop saying it was Strauss fault because he is just new to captaincy and played it safe.
Cricket has been played in this country in worse light. The only person who can say that was too dark for cricket is Stevie Wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread