Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
I think WI will gain alot more from this test than England, I don't think this game was a step forward for Eng.

No both teams will get benefit from this test but England will get more if they think positive. WI will look and say they got out of jail and need to perform much better.

Lee stop moaning, bad light was called, deal with it. We shouldn't have even been in that situation so fully deserve this result :(

at the end of the day england dont have good enough bowlers to compete at the top level of test cricket. i'd say england are probably at the same level as the west indies and new zealand at the moment.

No both teams will get benefit from this test but England will get more if they think positive. WI will look and say they got out of jail and need to perform much better.

Not really, the momentum is with the Windies, after surviving that tense ordeal/situation. The England team would very much, feel deflated.

Well played West Indies, starting to become a side with a real backbone and a bit of fight now the signs are looking good for you.

I don't think we did alot wrong and if freddie was fit then we'd have probably managed it but we didn't and we'll have to move on. First game in a long time where you cant really single out a player for not contributing. Strauss will improve as a captain with time and the future is starting to look good with a solid batting lineup and some promising young bowlers. Just need to find a striker bowler replacement for Harmy and someone in the mould of Hoggard who is my consistant, that could be Sidebottom though.

me when everyone was getting all giddy about a win said:
I still don't think it's too straightforward. This is England after all. I'd advise you all not to forget that yet.

I thank you.

Matt is the most pessimistic England supporter ever. We could have New Zealand 9 down with Gillespie and Martin at the crease with 2 sessions left and he'd still be writing us off. I prefer to go with the optimistic view! Makes it far more fun.

It's not pessimism Dan, it's realism. I love England just as much as you do but we have a complete lack of killer instinct.

Just a bit unlucky, still two tests left in the series to turn it round and when hopefully Fred might be fit (unlikely for the next one probably). He was heroic though coming in for them last few spells, bowling at 90 mph, when obviously nowhere near fully fit. The only negative from the last session was I though Broad was a bit under-bowled towards the end.

We've had a few like that, as already said, India in 2007, and the Aussies at Old Trafford in 05, all have gone against us now. Anyway, still a very enjoyable test match, especially tonight!

Well I called it but at the end of the day we have to put our hands up and say well done West Indies - you were magnificent.
It isn't as if England bowled badly; the whole Windies team just got stuck in, applied themselves and made this a great test match. We can hypothesise all day about might have beens but the bottom line is the West Indies batted brilliantly and deserved to come away with a draw.

I don't think everyone is really blaming the bowling I think everyone accepts that we bowled fairly well but credit to the West Indies they did well to snuffle us out.

What is to blame is the timing of the declaration we went on far, far too long especially as we knew rain might be a possibility.

What is to blame is the timing of the declaration we went on far, far too long especially as we knew rain might be a possibility.

See my earlier posts on this including at the start of play today and at the time.
I agree to a large extend with what Lee has been saying. We were too defensive, we were too scarred by Mumbai and we were treating this Windies team with too much respect.
To give credit where credit is due they batted our 4 1/2 sessions on a wearing pitch and fought incredibly hard.
Incidentally massive credit to the groundstaff too. Everyone assumed the pitch would fall apart after two days as it was under-prepared but they've shown once again that Antigua pitches are made to last the distance.

I'm so happy about Ramdin too, he applied himself well, even though the usual terrible dismissal came, he did well. I like him, but he needs to cut out these stupid moments, there are too many.

Yeah credit to the West Indies for the way they batted.

We should of declared much earlier than we did since they wouldn't get 450 and so they didn't. Its a shame since the bowlers all bowled brilliantly with no reward on a flat pitch. Flintoff was excellent considering his injury and he deserved a wicket in that innings to give England a win.

Somehow we need to win the next two tests. Flintoff probably won't be fit to play and I would go for Bopara, who can bat at 6 and provide a bowling option. He's not Flintoff but he can do a job with the ball with Collingwood. Ian Bell is short of form and confidence at the moment at the moment so I wouldn't play him and I wouldn't pick Rashid since the pitch doesn't spin at Barbados and it would be a tough ask for him to fill the all rounder role with England needing to win the next two tests.

Users who are viewing this thread