Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
I don't believe Rashid's ready, but he took more wickets than Monty in the tour game. He did bowl more overs though, I don't honestly know which one I'd go with if Swann's out. I'd just like to see a leg-spinner playing for England tbh, so would probably go with Rashid although it's a very tough decision. Strauss will go conservative and go with their old mate Monty though.

I'm not the biggest Ajmad fan but I'd rather have him over Harmy. Harmison has been totally off form recently and I don't think he should be in the squad. Ajmad just got a 5fer so it must've done nothing but good for his confidence, if he sorts out his no balls then he'll do well imo.

Btw, why am I in your sig Kev lol?

The only change to the side should be Bopara in Flintoff out. Swann says that he us 85% sure he'll be fit for the match and noone on the back of the last match really deserves to be dropped.

I agree entirely with Kev. Yet again Harmison has looked totally ineffective. I think it's been long proved that unless he's bowling 88-90+mph Harmison offers absolutely nothing and becomes fodder. Aside from that it's not like he's actually bowled well at all. He's been terribly poor and needs to be discarded now. Like Kev said, I don't care if Amjad Khan has a no ball problem. He's an aggressive bowler, he's got some pace, a bit of nip and can put it up batters and is capable of bowling aggressive spells, and barring Broad in the last test thats what we've really lacked. Get him in the side instead of Harmy. Bopara in for Flintoff, with Ambrose at 7.

Should we be playing Rashid though? He hasn't performed as we would have hoped he would but having said that Panesar hasn't looked the part in any of the tests. We just have to hope that Swann is fit but it's a tough choice if he isn't.

I would like to see Amjad in and prove that if you take wickets you can play and Harmison hasn't got near his top speed and hasn't looked like taking wickets.

My Team:

Cook
Strauss
Shah
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bopara
Ambrose
Broad
Swann/Panesar/Rashid
Amjad
Anderson

If panesar plays then i would definitetly put Khan above him IMO.

Anyone thought of brining in a genuine batsman, and giving broad flintoff's responsibility i.e. strike bowler, bat at 6? After all, If freddie retires after the ashes, I reckon it will be Broad replacing him....

Khan might have 3 FC fifties but broad has 3 test fifties

Freddie retiring after the Ashes? Not going to happen.

Broad isn't good enough at 6, Prior has gone home and Ambrose isn't as good a bat. I think Bopara made the place his, though I still think they will go for Bell. Yay.

I've just remembered that I hate our selectors. Stop playing Ian Bell you bunch of microscopic penises.

And i'd be happy to give Rashid a go tbh. I'd rather blood him against the Windies than the Aussies.

evertonfan added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Freddie retiring after the Ashes? Not going to happen.

Yeah because he'll be retiring before the Ashes at this rate.

Andrew Strauss said on BBC Radio 5 Live the reasons why they dropped Ian Bell have not really changed, and that suggests Ravi Bopara might come in.

Oh how i dream of Adil Rashid. In cricketing terms that is. Fingers crossed he gets a start today.

Users who are viewing this thread