Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Powell is really a poor bowler. Seems to have a poor temprament, poor control and only has decent pace. Its a shame for WIndies more than anything as the rest of the team looks quite decent, the rest of the pace attack is really good.

Haha, nah Im sure I won't jinx us. I always though that Pedro Collins was a decent bowler, where is he now? retired?

Can't believe this is the same Andrew Strauss that a bit back kept picking the bat up the wrong way around such was the little time in the middle he used it. He looks superb today, I've probably double jinxed us now and Powell will get Strauss, and has looked very good for a long time now. Plus it makes such a difference when we go out and bat with intent we did in the Ashes 2005 and in the months leading up to it and we did first innings last match. When we don't bat aggresively we end up in a heap or play poorly, the 51 allout a bit back and the second innings last match.

I am not too upset with the team, it is the best England can muster in the circumstances. The only thing I would have done differently was bring in Amjad Khan instead of Ryan Sidebottom for Steve Harmison. It is about time the talking stopped about 51 all out now, I still firmly believe that most teams in world cricket would have been demolished like that if they had been batting that day. We have shown since then there is not a lot wrong with the batting line up. The key is take twenty wickets.

Lee, you're so wrong. Flintoff proved that if you bat sensibly you could survive on that wicket. Only 2 of our guys got genuinely good deliveries (KP and Prior), and the rest of the batsmen gave their wickets away. Only England could have collapsed in such a fashion, abit of application and detirmination and we'd have got through, but instead we bottled, and deserved to get skittled out. There's no chance Australia or South Africa would have been bowled out for 51.

He's better than all of us though so unlucky.

Barely. I could bowl as fast as Powell fairly easily if I had abit of decent coaching. As far as International bowlers go, Daren Powell's probably one of the worst in the world. Awful record, terrible jerky run-up and a complicated bowling action with far too many moving parts. He's never going to be consistent, he's never going to be consistently threatening. He's awful.

Great Century by Strauss a real good positive knock, all though it might sound a bit early he's possibly the most inform batsmen in the world at the moment? 2 centuries against India arguably one of the top two sides in the world and hes still doing it.

Haha, thats they way to do it KP should do some learning. :p

Maybe Strauss might be good for the ODi team =D If he can bat like that in the ODi's, and then have other guys attacking around him, then we'll do well. Cracking hundred for Strauss, showing KP and Sarwan how to hit a six to bring up a ton. Awesome stuff from the skipper, he's back to his best.

the fielding let us down again, Gayle dropped Strauss and now he is making the most of it just like in the last test.

Barely. I could bowl as fast as Powell fairly easily if I had abit of decent coaching. As far as International bowlers go, Daren Powell's probably one of the worst in the world. Awful record, terrible jerky run-up and a complicated bowling action with far too many moving parts. He's never going to be consistent, he's never going to be consistently threatening. He's awful.

He's a proffessional cricketer and you aren't. He's better than you.

Anyway well done Strauss. Quite a revelation he's been.

Users who are viewing this thread