Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Obviously he's better than me, but he's 30 years of age, he's been playing the game years. He's got the best coaching available, he plays almost every day, but he's still awful by professional standards. The whole point of a forum is to critique the players that aren't performing, how fun would it be if you just sat about going "Well, this is a fantastic game of cricket, they're all such fantastic professionals. I admire them greatly because they're all far more talented than I am". The whole point of being a fan is being able to criticise the players that aren't performing, and Powell isn't, he's awful by international standards. Ian Bell's a hell of alot better than all of us, but you still slag him off.

Haha, nah Im sure I won't jinx us. I always though that Pedro Collins was a decent bowler, where is he now? retired?
He took a Kolpak deal which meant he couldn't continue to play in the Caribbean and subsequently made him inelligible for international selection.

With the contract disputes and general uncertainty that went on in the West Indies not long ago, a few of those guys took Kolpak or ICL deals. This is probably one reason why they've stuck with Powell, with a number of other top choices no longer on the market.

Is that the luck that Cook needs in the 50's? Normally that'd have gone straight up in the air, but he gets 4 for it. Could just be the luck that Cook needs to go on and make a big score. If he gets into the 70's and 80's he could start to find his old touch again, and make a decent score. He won't make a big hundred though, Cook doesn't, top score of 127 in Tests, and yet to make a double ton in FC cricket. Hope he gets a ton here though, has got to 50 and got out way too many times.

That's an incredibly fair point Dan, but i'm still right.

Well yeh, he's a professional, of course he's better than us. Doesn't mean we can't criticise him and call him crap though, as he is. You called Real Madrid's defence "Sunday Leaguers" in the CL thread, and they're a heck of alot better than all of us. Hypocrite warning ;)

Last edited:
Dan your absolutely right about Powell. Nobody can or even should argue with you about that. He has been consistently awarded a spot in the team even when he is not getting wickets. In the last 2 domestic matches Baker has picked up 14 wickets and has been bowling good. I am confident that he can get wickets at a lesser average than Powell (anyone can at this moment) and I'm sure that Baker can keep his economy below 5 in test cricket.

Lol, 50 overs and we have 184, We'd be happy with that in an ODI :p

Edwards and Taylor bowled well early on but apart from that not alot from the WIndies bowlers. Cook's done well again considering he's out of form hopefully he can go get his Holy Grail of a century.

Shame about Pedro Collins he gave them a good option with the ball and he was a bit different.

Well yeh, he's a professional, of course he's better than us. Doesn't mean we can't criticise him and call him crap though, as he is. You called Real Madrid's defence "Sunday Leaguers" in the CL thread, and they're a heck of alot better than all of us. Hypocrite warning ;)

Hell yeah they are. Still defended Sunday League-like though.

Cook'll be out in the 80's I fancy. Starting a new phase today he is.

Nah, Cook's got to score a hundred surely. He's gone so long without one, he has to come good. Only need another 21 runs and he's there, and there's certainly nothing from the bowling, or the pitch that should stop him. I can see him getting a ton here.

/Jinx

Why is gayle still having a leg slip surely a better position would be at short leg or silly point. I know that this will bite me in the ass when WI get a wicket at leg slip.
Anyway How is that, Strauss?

OMG! What an absolute rip snorter, Strauss' expression said it all.

Users who are viewing this thread