Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
He's talking as a replacement for Fred, don't forget that Rashid is a pretty good No7 for Yorkshire.

Well that'd be pure suicide. With Ambrose at 7 our batting line-up would be completely depleted, relying on the top 5 to make the majority of the runs. I imagine Jerome Taylor will be used against Ambrose, someone who's just going to bowl full and straight at him, not offer anything short and wide. Rashid's an OK batsman, but an average of 31 isn't good enough. Prior's got a good Test batting record, and Fred's also very handy, I don't think Ambrose and Rashid would offer anywhere near enough batting. Bopara or Bell are the only options really.

Im quite pleased with the team we've got even though everyone of the pundits has disagreed. There is no way we could have had Ambrose at six, that would be just silly. Yes we haven't been taking enough wickets but we haven't scored enough runs this tour either, we were all out for 51 a few weeks ago.

Ambrose at 6 and Broad at 7 would have been mental. Nowhere near enough batting, and that's been our main problem of late, even in this series we've not batted brilliantly. Bopara had to play.

"To win this match we have to get twenty wickets" is all they have said this morning, you also have to score more than 51!. First time in a while I believe that Bumble has been completely wrong.

If Broad, Anderson, Sidebottom and Swann aren't enough to get 20 wickets then we've got serious problems. We've won Tests without having 5 bowlers in the past, and there's no reason why we can't do it here. I completely disagree with both Knight and Bumble.

King Pietersen added 45 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Nice to see Daren Powell offering some usual Powell trash. Either 2 full or too short, hopefully he'll be bowling to Ambrose when he eventually comes in!

Terrible drop that from Gayle really, Strauss barring that has looked very good this innings and England are flying. 4 runs an over is great.

England playing well, and what is going on with Gayle, i thought he was a solid slip catcher?

Same old story with England.

A good start.
Show dominance until day 4.
Let things go pear shaped.

Cookie as seen below has just hit his second six in international cricket.

cosmocentrefold1.jpg

That picture was not needed for describing him Gas :p

Great start from England here, although theres along time in the day Im going to put my next out and say we could get 400 by the close of the day weather permittiing of course.

Users who are viewing this thread