1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Keaton Jennings as Captain surely.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
While I did mention earlier about Stokes being the man, I'd still be a bit concerned given his recent mental health break. Has e completely overcome that aspect? If not, the pressures that go with being an English captain might be a tad problematic for him. I see him as a great leader, but fear he's going down the Marcus Trescothik path. Both players should have led England for a longer duration, but 'pressure' can do a lot more harm.

Anyhow, moving over the captaincy decision, I am quit horrified they are considering Graham Ford as a potential candidate here. My ruse with Ford being that he's never completed a full coaching tenure/backed out(like with India). With English cricket in doldrums at the moment, it would make sense to probably look at a strong personality like Kirsten/ Langer for the role here.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Someone unhappy they didn't get the captaincy.

m8vj86q6t0y81.jpg

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
So Ben Stokes has been refreshingly open about what sort of team he plans to pick. By the sounds of things, the England XI (subject to fitness) will be along the lines of

1. :eng: :bat: Zak Crawley
2. :eng: :bat: probably still Alex Lees
3. TBC
4. :eng: :bat: Joe Root
5. :eng: :bat: Harry Brook
6. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes :c:
7. :eng: :wkb: Jonny Bairstow
8. :eng: :bwl: Ollie Robinson
9. :eng: :bwl: Jack Leach
10. :eng: :bwl: Stuart Broad
11. :eng: :bwl: Jimmy Anderson

A bit of a shame for Ben Foakes, but Stokes' comment about "looking for someone to put their hand up to bat at number five" would suggest that Bairstow is already in the side in another position

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Madness, absolute madness that Foakes is dropped yet again. I do like the addition of Brook to the side, feel like he is a fantastic young talent waiting to be potentially ruined by this dysfunctional side.
Post automatically merged:

So Ben Stokes has been refreshingly open about what sort of team he plans to pick. By the sounds of things, the England XI (subject to fitness) will be along the lines of

1. :eng: :bat: Zak Crawley
2. :eng: :bat: probably still Alex Lees
3. TBC
4. :eng: :bat: Joe Root
5. :eng: :bat: Harry Brook
6. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes :c:
7. :eng: :wkb: Jonny Bairstow
8. :eng: :bwl: Ollie Robinson
9. :eng: :bwl: Jack Leach
10. :eng: :bwl: Stuart Broad
11. :eng: :bwl: Jimmy Anderson

A bit of a shame for Ben Foakes, but Stokes' comment about "looking for someone to put their hand up to bat at number five" would suggest that Bairstow is already in the side in another position

Bohannon for 3? Seems like the name on everyone's lips at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread