England tour of South Africa 09/10

Morgan is really going to be a class player. Thanks Ireland ;)

Yep, he really is establishing himself now. If the other new boys can settle themselves there is the making of a solid team there.

D/L method = the cricketing version of the matrix for South African cricketers. I'll echo what's already been said about Morgan, played like an absolute beast. Our bowlers bowled some nice pie at times, only guys to have tried to tie things down were the spinners, Macca and Langeveldt.

Batting was okay, once Bosman got going he looked unstoppable, and then Smith joined the party too. At that point victory seemed likely, but then with the wickets all the momentum was lost until another trademark D/L stuff up. For all of his explosive batting ability Morkel either needs to be used as a pure batsman or dropped, because all that he does when he bat's is make up for the runs he will/has leak(ed).

Morgan is coming along nicely, he seems to be in the JP category where you don't see him as a big hitter but hes very capable of scoring quick.

Morgan is coming along nicely, he seems to be in the JP category where you don't see him as a big hitter but hes very capable of scoring quick.

Although we haven't seen Morgan play Test cricket, Duminy is a class Test batsmen, too early to compare Morgan with him.

Classic inngs by Morgan, a very good game, SA loosing by just one run, this will be a good series....

There was one shot in the CLT20 that Duminy hit through long on or midwicket, absolutely raced along the ground, it seriously seemed like one of the hardest hit shots ever.

KP back into the team first match in over 8 months, I presume Colly is out as Cooks captain.

Swann out as well should be good to see how Rashid goes on a pitch like this he could get hammered.

Yeah not sure where I plucked 8 months from :p

Looking forward to this match England have a decent team coming together whilst South Africa look solid.

Last edited:
Brilliant start by our openers, I really hope that the momentum can be kept up and a total of between 225-250 can be posted. That should be out of reach for any team to chase. I really don't understand why people think Rashid is ready for international cricket, yes its a T20, but he hasn't impressed the other times I've seen him play.

Users who are viewing this thread