England tour of South Africa 09/10

Woah Bosnan. Looks like SA was royally pissed after rain stopped play last game

Ahhhh, now that was nice to see! Awesome performance from Smith and Bosman Upfront. Can't wait for the ODIs...

Jeezzzzz, now that's a hammering. The bowling would have to be relativity poor to allow Loots Bosman to hit that many runs (and two games in a row no less).

i can't decide which was worse. the bowling or the batting.

the bowling was rank and stupid. the batting at no point even had a go at chasing a large total.

erm, the fielding was ok though.

Last edited:
What a useless 50 by Trott, need 12 an over from the start and he takes 40 odd balls to get it.

I'm not going to blame the batsmen, the game had gone before the innings started.

I'm not going to blame the batsmen, the game had gone before the innings started.

you could blame them by saying that they never even looked like they were gonna try.. they could have given it a go, the batting order isn't as rigid as England make it out to be!

Wow, what a score. That's a horrible score to have to chase. Bowlers are to blame, can't ecpect your batsman to o out with any confidence chasing that. Mahmood is a terrible bowler - at least economy wise, dunno why they reselected him. Rashid has been tried quite a bit recently and hasn't done much either.

Records | Twenty20 Internationals | Team records | Highest innings totals | Cricinfo.com

England have 3 of the top 4 spots for conceding the highest scores, shows a definite bowling weakness in T20. They need to do something about it.

17 sixes, musta been great to watch for a SA fan.

Mahmood is crap, can't understand why he was re-selected either. Did not get a chance to see the game, waiting for highlights. Was his pace at least decent?

the batsmen weren't to blame but Cook, Denly and trott is a woeful top 3 in twenty20 and showed no intent at all.

chasing a high score isn't the same as putting it on in the first, you can't let the required run rate get too big and they were taking singles. in the first 10 overs they let 5 of them go by without a boundary.

and Rashid is not an international cricketer yet, bangladesh wouldn't pick him.

Wow that was one epic total, I will call that the highest as making one against Kenya shouldn't count. Smith and Bosman had a great chance to make a 100, but as seems to be the case they got out in the 80-90s.

It was a good opening partnership for SA, the 1st wicket fell at 170 (13.1 over), this time SA won by a big margin

The problem is that they pick an ODI squad and then play T20s with it. Obviously, most countries tend to do this on tour, but for England this methodology is completely flawed because England's ODI team isn't exactly a champion at its chosen format. What they should do is pick a squad specifically for the one or two T20s they play in a tour and then find a way to make an ODI team from that.

Before you ask, I'm not sure if I'm joking or not.

It's hard to say really what direction England need to take because they seem to take turns in stumbling around all departments. I doubt they have the resources to make a batting dreadnought like South Africa, but they don't have express pacemen or arcane spinners either. Maybe they just need to find their strength and embrace the direction it takes them in. Suffice to say, no team should be planning on chasing 240; the batsmen might as well just take the time in the middle.

Was a nice game to watch live. Second innings was boring though. The english team didn't even try.

Users who are viewing this thread