England tour of South Africa 09/10

Why does Broad drag it back of a length so much?

It's a big total, probably bigger than it should be. But this is such a road with really tiny boundaries.

Because he's a twat. You'd think he'd learn, either from his past successes, or by what's been successful for the other bowlers; but no, he's happy bowling a mix of short balls, length deliveries and full tosses. Bowled 1 good delivery at the death, and that was his last delivery. Really needs to start bowling with more intelligence, so frustrating.

He keeps the runs fairly tight, he's good at the death, is capable of running through sides if there's movement and he's a good all-round cricketer.
My point is, when has he proven that? Sure on a damp day up in Yorkshire against Gloucestershire or something, but he's not going to do that against the likes of India and South Africa in One Day Internationals. That all round thing is a moot point as I said, because we should have enough batting in this lineup, so we need another quality bowler.

Last edited:
We haven't got one though. Sidebottom's probably the best option, but he's not been picked. I'd much rather see Bresnan in this side ahead of Onions, Mahmood or Plunkett that's for sure.

We don't need A Morkel. Just think, Kallis in for McLaren, push him in at number 3 and we have a rock solid team. A Morkel doesn't deserve a place, imho.

Beautiful placement from Strauss

CaptainOZ added 8 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Wright's just trying to slog everything. He looks pretty one-dimensional.

Yeah, he should've spent 5 overs seeing himself in, we only need 7 an over.

Yeah, he should've spent 5 overs seeing himself in, we only need 7 an over.

Sarcastic ██████

CaptainOZ added 6 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Strauss and Trott have the right idea, grabbing a boundary an over and sneaking a few singles. Hope a big partnership is on the cards here.

I hope KP do something to rescue england

paki007 added 7 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Run rate is incresing i think england should be looking for atleast one boundry in every 2 overs

So was Gibbs called up just to field? ;)

Duminy is totally outbowling Van der Merwe, I don't get why they pick him ahead of Botha to be honest, I thought he'd been doing quite well?

Users who are viewing this thread