England tour of South Africa 09/10

Fans not getting as much value for money as they would have hoped, yet there seems to be a lot of singing going on in the crowd

England realy giving a tough fight than expected before the series....Excellent bowling performance by Anderson....

SA is really not looking upto the mark, dont know why, but they really arent looking and playing upto their potential....

What does Trott think he's doing? He's batting far too slowly! :facepalm

We had the ashes to cheer about after it? So clearly we have.

What does Trott think he's doing? He's batting far too slowly! :facepalm

He's got 50 overs to chase 119. He's putting some value on his wicket and making sure we win. If he got out cheaply like Pietersen, Strauss or Collingwood have done, we'd have been under serious pressure here. As it is, we've got 7 wickets in hand and are getting there. Don't see how you can criticise this Trott innings.

We also had the CT to cheer about, did unexpectedly well in that tournament. Beating SA in that tournament was one of the best England performances I've seen in ODi cricket. Was awesome.

He's got 50 overs to chase 119. He's putting some value on his wicket and making sure we win. If he got out cheaply like Pietersen, Strauss or Collingwood have done, we'd have been under serious pressure here. As it is, we've got 7 wickets in hand and are getting there. Don't see how you can criticise this Trott innings.

I don't think you noticed the sarcasm in my post. No worries.

Quality bowling from England this morning. I'm loving this Andy Flower era, he seems to have brought some intelligence into the dressing room. Under previous coaches we'd have turned up today with a changed team and Broad and Anderson would have bowled exactly the same as the last game. But no, we've seen marked improvement, especially from Broad who I thought outbowled Anderson early on.

Bresnan's been abit of an unsung hero though, his figures are excellent. 8 overs, 2 maidens, 1-15, awesome bowling. Starting to like him in this ODi side, certainly a better option than Mahmood, Onions or Plunkett in OD cricket. Switch Flintoff for Wright when he's fit and I'll be a happy bunny, then the only problem in the side will be the batting of Matt Prior.

That's if Flintoff plays for England again.

Excellent performance today, can't say any more than that.

Poor decisions by smith at the toss. The wind dictates what you at PE. The bowling wind was blowing but he decides to bat, knowing the batting wind is expected later in the day.:doh

Poor application by the batsmen. JP really needs to cut out the hook shot. He can't play it properly, then don't play it.

I really don't know what mcclaren is doing in the side ahead of albie. He doesn't do enough with the ball to justify being ahead of albie and he certainly doesn't look like scoring any runs. He isn't going to win a game with the ball but morkel can win a game with the bat.

Boys need to get their act together, since winning in aus they haven't performed up to the expected standards.

Oooooooooooh Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy you beauty! Anderson on song is > any bowler out there

Users who are viewing this thread