England tour of South Africa 09/10

Geez what is happening with SA. The loss of Kallis seems to be effecting the balance quite a bit but they still have 3 class batters who have been average in the 2 losses. Only Petersen has shown any consistency. Good win for the English though, they are definitely on the improve in ODIs.

Test series will be interesting. I guess england has a serious chance.

Oh dear! what has happened to SA and their dreams of being the NO 1 side??
If am not wrong they are not No 1 in any format now!:laugh bought down to earth by the underdog team :laugh
No wonder they were branded as chokers! Just goes on to prove the test series win in Aus was a er... a bit of a fluke!:laugh

I have a feeling we will see a whole different South Africa come Test Match time. Remember how they just sort of "turned if off" after winning the Test series in England and played half arsed in the ODI series. This sort of reminds me of that, they are going to rape England in the Test series.

Oh dear! what has happened to SA and their dreams of being the NO 1 side??
If am not wrong they are not No 1 in any format now!:laugh bought down to earth by the underdog team :laugh
No wonder they were branded as chokers! Just goes on to prove the test series win in Aus was a er... a bit of a fluke!:laugh

How do you get from a loss to England in an ODI series to the Aussie test series, winning a test series and winning a ODI series are completely different. If you had mentioned the comfortable victory we achieved against Australia in both ODI series then I would understand.

How do you get from a loss to England in an ODI series to the Aussie test series, winning a test series and winning a ODI series are completely different. If you had mentioned the comfortable victory we achieved against Australia in both ODI series then I would understand.

Yeah , i would say both test and ODI victories over aussies last year was more like aussies going through a bad form rather than SA playing well!

Test series is totally different. a Certain mister kallis (even just as a batsmen) will make a big difference come the test series. It will be interresting but I still reckon we will have the edge.

The odi series has been a major let down, the boys will be hurting and will want to put it right.

Test series is totally different. a Certain mister kallis (even just as a batsmen) will make a big difference come the test series. It will be interresting but I still reckon we will have the edge.

The odi series has been a major let down, the boys will be hurting and will want to put it right.

If the current england squad has beaten Aussies, then RSA are going to face a heavy test! English victory is what may happen!

If the current england squad has beaten Aussies, then RSA are going to face a heavy test! English victory is what may happen!

The england side were outplayed by aus but won the ashes due to winning a few key sessions by big margins. Overall the aussie side were the better side.

It will be a good series but player for player SA has the slight edge. Whether that translates on the field we will see come 16 December.

So far, the ODI have been quite exiting and not one sided, but i am more lookinf ofrward for the tests, they will be really intresting, both teams are good test teams...

The series may not have been one sided but all the games have been pretty one sided. With one team on the day having a shocker.

They'll probably come good again in the last game, it's a day/nighter, that is what suits them.

Users who are viewing this thread