Story England's Ashes 2009: The Way It Should Have Been- Eventful Start, England 9/1 after first over.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
England's Ashes 2009: The Way It Should Have Been

urn.jpg

The Holy Grail Of Cricket, Can England do it again?

In 2005 England managed a 2-1 shock victory over Australia in the Ashes Test Series. After 18 years of loosing The Ashes Series, one of the strongest sides that English cricket has seen for a number of years managed to overcome the Aussies. Since that fatefull series the England squad has seen many changes and has slowly become a weaker unit, falling down the rankings. But what if. What if things had taken a different course. What if certain players hadn't lost out to injury, or had retired at a different point. What if players with a lot of potential hadn't gone off the boil and what if players had been in better form. Would English cricket have dropped in class? Would England have been beaten 5-0 in the return series in Australia? With the 2009 Series in England just around the corner lets take a look at how it could of been. The first stop on our tour is the 2009 ICC World T20.

sunday-times-logo.jpg

ECB announces England World T20 Squad

morgan2.jpg
Young Eoin Morgan the suprise selection, can he prove his worth?​
Today the ECB announced their 20 man squad to play in the ICC World T20 next week. The squad is as follows:

Marcus Trecothick
Andrew Strauss
Kevin Pietersen
Ian Bell
Eoin Morgan
Matt Prior
Andrew Flintoff
Dimitri Mascerenas
Stuart Broad
Ryan Sidebottom
Liam Plunkett
Sajid Mahmood
Graeme Swann
James Anderson
James Benning
Graham Napier
Owais Shah
James Foster
Graham Onions
Darren Maddy

Some suprise inclusions in the side especially with young Eoin Morgan being given his England call up so early. But this is T20 anything can happen. Kevin Pietersen has been handed the captaincy for the competition and all eyes will be on him to produce the goods.

Last edited:
A good start to this story mate. But i have to say, Australia will dominate you :p
Will Monty get a run in this story?

Monty may apear. ;) The World T20 squad is quite different to the Ashes squad that will be announced after the tournament. Will have another update up either tonight or tommorow.

Pre-Tournament Friendly: England Vs Scotland @ Lords

pg-48-cricket-getty_59427t.jpg

Captain Pietersen Optimistic about World T20

With the start of the ICC World T20 just around the corner tommorow sees a pre-Tournament Friendly game between England and Scotland. Englands 12 man squad is as follows:

1)James Benning
2)Marcus Trescothick
3)Darren Maddy
4)Kevin Pietersen(C)
5)Eoin Morgan
6)James Foster
7)Dimitri Mascerenas
8)Liam Plunkett
9)Ryan Sidebottom
10)Sajid Mahmood
11)Graham Onions

12th man: Graeme Swann

When we caught up with the captain, Kevin Pietersen, we asked him about his thoughts on the upcoming World T20 competition and also about the squad for tommorows game. His thoughts where "we decided to give some of the younger guys a chance to prove their worth before the tournament and show why they deserve to be here. The squad we've got for the competition is a strong one and I think that we've got a great chance of winning the competition this year."

Tommorows game will be broadcast live on Sky Sports with coverage starting at 12:00pm. Many tickets are still available and can be purchased online or on the day. Stay tuned for tommorow when we bring you the live coverage courtesy of Sky Sports.

That's a very young looking squad, and would be interesting to see how they fair up against the likes of Scotland.
KUTGW ate

Good luck to this story :thumbs England should be having no problems I feel in the starter game ;)

That England team is definitely experimental and it will be interesting to see how the players perform, especially with Trescothick in the team. :cool:

Good stuff, Joe.

sorry about the lack of an update fellas but had problems getting the player editor to run and also have been a little busy playing the real thing and getting boozed up. Will try and get the game started with an update later today depends on my match tonight:rolleyes:

No worries mate, no harm in being a little late for your updates. All the best :happy

Finally got the time to do this and most of the bits and pieces I need. Hopefully I will get this started properly with an update tommorow.

Finally got the time to do this and most of the bits and pieces I need. Hopefully I will get this started properly with an update tommorow.

Looking forward to it mate, and be patient with the time, it'll come :D

Finally after so many previous promises I can now get this underway, thanks to biggy09 and his WorldT20 Roster. Problem now is that the method I was going to use to play the games(exhibition games) doesn't load the T20 stumps and pitchad I'm going to play my games through knockout cup. The only problem is that the stadium it has come up with is Trent Bridge instead of Lords. Is there anyway to change that as Tourney Editor 3 doesn't have an option to change it. Either way expect this match to be done and posted fully in the next few days.:D

Users who are viewing this thread