Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
Match evenly poised after 25 Overs

Score update:

England have scored 132-3 after 25 Overs, chasing a target of 305. Vaughan scored 59 before being dismissed by Andrew Hall, while Vikram Solanki made 46. Strauss and Pieterson are the two batsmen at the crease for England, as they require another 173 runs to win from 150 balls, with 7 wickets in hand. (Reqd. RR - 6.92)

Stay tuned for what should be a cracking final 25 overs. :cheers

Details, stats, screens and match report will be posted after the match has been completed.

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 71
Pollock's inning really seemed to have helped SAF in this match. England might've been in a better position had they gotten rid of Pollock early.

BTW, I like the line-up you're using for this tour (ODI and tests), is it possible for you to post it here so I can use it in my line-up editor? I'd like to use it for my home series against England. I'd assume Flintoff should be available by then. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Good to see SA perform well. Should be a nice chase. Good luck! I personally suck at chasing big totals...I'm sure you'll get it, but it will be tough.

Score update: England 225-6 after 40 Overs. Need another 80 runs to win from 60 balls with 4 wickets in hand. (Reqd. RR 8.00)
Collingwood and Giles batting at the moment.

Which patch are you using for ODIs vaughan? I used Tutsi's new beta, got England all out for just over a 100, used Boss's and got 'em 58/8 right now, both on a dusty pitch. If you'd be so kind, could you give me the link for the patch you're using? Thank you.

England 302-8 (50 Overs)
P. Collingwood 66*(64) J. Kemp 3-46
M. Vaughan 59(56) J. Kallis 2-25
V. Solanki 46(60)
K. Pieterson 44(54)

South Africa 304-8 (50 Overs)
H. Gibbs 73(84) P. Collingwood 3-67
J. Kallis 71(87) D. Gough 2-90
S. Pollock 44*(28)

South Africa won by 2 runs
Man of the Match: Paul Collingwood (Eng)

South Africa lead 7 match series 1-0

Highlights:
ihnp-330006.jpg

ihnp-330011.jpg

ihnp-330015.jpg

ihnp-330017.jpg

That was a good win for SA. Pretty similar to my India-Pakistan 2nd ODI where India won by 1 run!!

By the way, what patch are you using vaughan?? I think i asked this before but asking this again now!!!

What a finish at the end, with the two teams seperated by just 2 runs!

305 was always going to be a tough target to chase, and England did not help themselves by losing opener Marcus Trescothick early. However, captain Michael Vaughan and Vikram Solanki played some fine shots and got a partnership going, as well as keeping up with the required run rate.
But then Andrew Hall had Vaughan bowled for 59, and Solanki was soon caught by Prince off Pollock, and things werent looking all that good for England.
After 25 Overs England had scored 132-3.
The next wicket to fall was that of Andrew Strauss. After Vaughan and Solanki's dismissal, the run rate has dropped down, and the required run rate was creeping up with every delivery. Andrew Strauss in an attempt to increase the run rate was clean bowled by Justin Kemp for 15. Pieterson and Collingwood again had a partnership running before the former was caught by Kemp off his own bowling for 44. Jones failed to repeat his heroics of the previous match against South Africa A.
Giles scored a valiant 23 before losing his wicket, while Wharf was unable to do much himself.
England fought till the end, but ended up just two runs short. Collingwood was unbeaten on 66, while Gough was unbeaten on 5.
For South Africa, Justin Kemp was the best bowler with figures of 3-46.

England's Paul Collingwood was declared man of the match for his allround performance in the match, picking up three wickets and scoring 66 runs.
With this win South Africa have a 1-0 lead in the 7 match series.

ihnp-330050.jpg

ihnp-330054.jpg

ihnp-330057.jpg

ihnp-330062.jpg

ihnp-330065.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread