Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
Johann said:
Go South Africa!!!

I will be using your lineup for the 2nd ODI, which means Adam Bacher comes in for Jacques Rudolph (whose form has been pathetic), and Nicky Boje comes in for Andre Nel.

saisrini80 said:
That was a good win for SA. Pretty similar to my India-Pakistan 2nd ODI where India won by 1 run!!

By the way, what patch are you using vaughan?? I think i asked this before but asking this again now!!!

Yup the first one by one wicket, and the second by one run. Awesome stuff mate, I just love your story!!!

As far as my patch is concerned I am using Ravi's ODI patch (not the same as the one in the downloads section). Its there somewhere in the forums, but I just cant find it!!.

If you want to test it I can attach the config file. (and this goes to nightprowler10 also).

Looking forward to the next game. Not nice to loose, but you must be enjoying the tight games...they sure put life into the forum!

South Africa win Jo'burg thriller

40800425winnergetty4zx.jpg

Kemp and Prince celebrate South Africa's 2 run victory over England
South Africa beat England by just 2 runs, in the first One Day International of the 7 match
Standard Bank One Day Internationals.

Batting first, the Proteas scored a mammoth 304-8, with Gibbs scoring 73, Kallis 71 and Pollock
who scored a vital 44 off just 28 balls.

South Africa got off to a flying start scoring 20 runs of the very first over. They kept the momentum
going before Graeme Smith was caught by Vaughan off Gough. But after this Kallis and Gibbs were involved
in a partnership of 112 runs. This period saw the South Africans take total control of the game. Some
superb boundaries by both players. Finally it was Gough again who got the breakthrough for England, dismissing
Gibbs for a well played 73, though I am sure he will be disappointed to have missed out on a 100. England then
got rid off Rudolph(11) and Kallis (71). Ashwell Prince was out LBW to Collingwood, who picked up three wickets
in the match.
South Africa at this stage looked to have blown all the early advantage gained and were looking for a score of
around 265-270m but thanks to a late outburst from Justin Kemp, Mark Boucher and Shaun Pollock, they finished
at a very impressive 304-8.

305 was always going to be difficult to chase for Michael Vaughan's team. To make matter worse, Trescothick was
out caught behind by Boucher off Ntini in the very first over. However Solanki and Vaughan then got things back on track
and between themselves scored a total of 103 runs. Vaughan was beaten by a superb inswinger of Andrew Hall, while Solanki
was caught by Prince off Pollock. Andrew Strauss was dismissed for 15 by Justin Kemp.
Kevin Pieterson and Paul Collingwood then made life easier for England by getting a partnership going between them at the right time.
But just when things were looking good for England, Pieterson played a false shot and ended up being caught by Kemp off his own bowling.
The match went right uptil the wire at the end, but England fell short of their target by just two runs.

Paul Collingwood, who was later named man of the match, was unbeaten on 66. He had also picked up three wickets.

Standard Bank One Day Internationals 2005
2nd ODI
South Africa vs England
Bloemfontein, South Africa

ihnp-335587.jpg

Welcome to Bloemfontein for this day night encounter between South Africa and England in this
2nd ODI of the Standard Bank ODI series. South Africa lead the 7 match series 1-0 after a
narrow 2 run victory at Johannesburg. A win here for the hosts will give them a comfortable
2-0 lead in the series. England will want to win this game in order to come back into the
series.
ihnp-335585.jpg

Well we have had some rain in this part of South Africa in the last few days, which might have
had some effect on the pitch and the outfield. Lets have a look at the pitch for today's game.
ihnp-335584.jpg

ihnp-335581.jpg

So batting will be hard on this wicket especially under lights when there will be more moisture
in the air. Hence batting first on this wicket during the day would be better option if you
ask me.

Lets now see who won the toss.

Well, Michael Vaughan won the coin toss and elected to bat first.

Last edited:
Let us have a look at the two teams for today's game.

Surprisingly, England, who lost the previous game have an unchanged side for todays match, while South Africa have two changes. Bacher comes in for out of form Rudolph while Boje replaces Nel.
ihnp-335589.jpg

ihnp-335590.jpg

Be sure to join us when the action starts in a short while from now.

England 134 all out (36.4 Overs)
P. Collingwood 31(59) J. Kallis 2-8
M. Vaughan 20(49) S. Pollock 2-19

South Africa need 135 runs to win from 50 overs
Required Run Rate: 2.7

ihnp-337100.jpg

ihnp-337104.jpg

ihnp-337107.jpg

ihnp-337113.jpg

So a fine bowling performance there from the Proteas dismissing England for such a low score.
But we always knew that batting was going to be difficult on this wicket, and South Africa
have made very good use of this pitch and the bowler friendly conditions.

England never got off to any start, losing both the openers early. Andrew Strauss who has not
had a good tour so far, yet again failed to do much, when he was dismissed by Hall for 4. Wickets
started falling at regular intervals for England, and at the end they were bowled out for 134.

Paul Collingwood topscored for England again, with 31 runs coming from 59 balls. Michael Vaughan
made 20 from 49 balls.

For South Africa, Pollock, Hall, Kallis and Boje all picked up two wickets each, while Ntini picked
up one. There was run out, that of Kevin Pieterson.

So the South African bowlers have made life a whole lot easy for their batsmen, but do England bowlers
have something up their sleeve.

Join us for the home side's reply, coming up shortly.

ihnp-337157.jpg

ihnp-337165.jpg

ihnp-337166.jpg

ihnp-337170.jpg

ihnp-337173.jpg

Match summary after 25 overs

South Africa are in a good position to go 2-0 up in this series.
After 25 overs, they are just 36 runs away from victory, and with 8 wickets in hand.
Kallis and Bacher playing atm.

Screens and stats will be posted after the completion of this match.

So stay tuned

Attachments

• update2.jpg
    update2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread