Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
4r292d

David Lyold: Ian Bell was however beaten by a superb delivery, one of very very few in the morning session. Unplayable that ball from Tapash Baisya.

4r29au

David Gower: Yes and England lost one more wicket on the same score, when Alastair Cook was given out LBW by umpire Rudi Kurtzoen.

4r29fl

David Lyold: That was a poor decision by the umpire, as the ball was clearly missing the leg stump.

David Gower: So at lunch England have scored 128 for the loss of three wickets. Good comeback by the visitors towards the end of the session to leave this match evenly poised.

David Lyold: Yes Bangladesh will be really pleased with three wickets in the first session, but England have really changed their attitude. They have scored more than 4 runs per over, which was very unlikely two or three years back. Good job Michael Vaughan as captain.

David Gower: Lets now have a look at the stats.

4r29uh

4r2b61

4r2b88

Join us in about 45 minutes time for the post lunch session, LIVE and EXCLUSIVE right here on Sky Sports 1.

Pieterson and Vaughan put England on top!

England 277-3 (58 Overs)
K. Pieterson 88*(93) Mohammad Rafique 1-42
M. Vaughan 64*(101)

Paul Allot: England have taken complete charge of this match after a superb 2nd session which saw them scoring 156 runs in just 30 overs, without losing any wicket.

Nasser Hussain: Yes England have a good chance of scoring 350+ today itself. They have a very good run rate considering the fact that this is a test match. Kevin Pieterson seems to be redefining test cricket with his aggressive batting.

Paul Allot: Very true Nass. Pieterson has been awesome today, going after almost every Bangladesh bowler. Seems to be in one day mode, as his 88 has come off just 93 balls.

Nasser Hussain: Yes and even Vaughan has played well. Some really nice shots played by both of them, which has propelled England to a commanding position in this test match.

4r2fra

4r2g74

4r2hle

4r2hw4

Paul Allot: The scorecard and bowling figures.

4r2i2p

4r2i47

4r2iap

Join us in about 15 minutes time for the final session on day 1. Will England continue to dominate or will Bangladesh have something up their sleeves?

Kevin Pieterson is having a dream test debut

Kevin is just 12 runs short of a century in his very first test match.

Another debutant, 21 year old Alastair Cook of Essex, also was impressive in his innings of 44.

1133177-1515.jpg

The young lad was infact unlucky to have been given out LBW by the umpire.

Last edited:
Excellent cricket stories mate, absolutely fantastic. Visited the forums after a break and your thread is terrific read. I haven't read it all bt glanced through most and what a series' you have had. Keep up the good work.

crick4life said:
Excellent cricket stories mate, absolutely fantastic. Visited the forums after a break and your thread is terrific read. I haven't read it all bt glanced through most and what a series' you have had. Keep up the good work.
Thanks mate. Thanks a lot!

thanks guys for the all the support!!

Also I have some news....After looking at some of the other stories, I too have decided to have a website for my story containing all the stats and details about my matches. The main commentary and pictures will be in these forums only, but end of match reports and other details like team squads, tables, fixtures, results, scorecards, statistics and figures, etc. will be put up on the website as well.

I know I havent posted an update for a while, but the latest new from the middle is that both Kevin Pieterson and Michael Vaughan have registered 100s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread