Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
You ought to declare now You can expect an innings win as well.

Since its only lunch into day 2, I plan to play atleast one more session. Maybe at Tea I will declare, if I am not bowled out by Bangladesh before that.

Grt knock by vaughan!, cruising to a double ton!, poor bangladeshi bowlers didn't have a idea atleast!, grt story thread mate!

boss

yes agree with you boss that was real good inning by m vaughn, {as england and mr vaughn(not the england captain but our mod) not declaring bangladesh should declare them for playing this match} just kidding.

England declare at 661-5; Vaughan dismissed on 265!

England (1st Innings) 661-5 declared 140 Overs
M. Vaughan 265(350) Mohammad Rafique 2-128
P. Collingwood 129*(192)
K. Pieterson 113(145)

David Gower: So England have declared at Tea with their score at 661 for the loss of five wickets. Only one wicket fell today, and that was in this session, with the England captain's superb innings of 265 coming to an end.

Nasser Hussain: Well it was treat for the eyes. Vaughan was so perfect in his innings, almost flawless with his shot selection and execution. I am really very honoured to have witnessed one of test cricket's best innings ever.

David Gower: Yes and on the other end, Durham allrounder, Paul Collingwood scored his first test match hundred, and was unbeaten at the end on 129.
Now with both Collingwood and Pieterson scoring 100s here, I am sure the likes of Mark Butcher and Graham Thorpe would feel that their place in the side is no longer secure.

Nasser Hussain: Well for England, its great news, with players having to fight for their place. The overall team performance will only improve as a result of this. Kevin Pieterson played really well for his first ever test match, and Collingwood too was awesome.

David Gower: As far as the Bangladeshi bowlers were concerned, only Mohammad Rafique threatened to some extent with his spin, but overall it was a very average bowling display, I must say.

50i9g4

50i9lk

50i9ty

50ic5s

50icea

Users who are viewing this thread