Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
The Champ said:
ya they r and really guessing why gold is not coming here

Its because I hate to see England dominating right before the Ashes :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm not expecting to see them dominate at all.

It just hurts to see England playing for personal records :p

David Gower: Thanks Ian and Bob. So lets now have a look at the teams for this match, starting with England.

Geoff Boycott: Yeah two changes, understandable, really. Graham Thorpe who dint play the first match, is in in place of Ian Bell while Jonathan Lewis makes his test debut, replacing Martin Saggers who was very ordinary in the first test to be honest.

5n3x4g

Attar Ali Khan: Well Bangladesh have made a total of three changes. Aftab Ahmed, Shahadat Hossain and Anwar Hossain are in the team, while Shahriar Nafees, Enamul Haque and the injured Tapash Baisya are out.

5n3xg8

David Gower:Okay then. Lets join our commentators, Michael Holding and Nasser Hussain for the start of this 2nd npower test match between England and Bangladesh LIVE and EXCLUSIVE from Chester-le-Street, only on Sky Sports 1.

England in full control at Lunch

2nd npower test match
England vs Bangladesh
Chester-le-Street

Day 1
Lunch

Bangladesh 121-6 29 Overs
Mohammad Rafique 27*(24) S. Jones 4-35
Khaled Mashud 17*(28) J. Anderson 2-41
Rajin Saleh 24(38)

Nasser Hussain: Well England surely have dominated this session and once again have put Bangladesh right on the backfoot with some aggressive bowling. Simon Jones yet again the top wicket taker for the home side bagging four in total. James Anderson picked up two wickets.

Ian Botham: Yes Bangladesh thoroughly outclassed by Michael Vaughan's team in this session pretty much from the very beginning of this test match. However it was good to see the lower middle order batsman being aggressive at the end, in order to get as many runs as possible before they get all out. Unfortunately they havent done too well in that also.

5n3xo3

5n3zp5

5n4084

5n40gg

5n40op

5n4104

jazz said:
good to see jones geetin couple of wickets
Yeah. He has been my most successful bowler so far in this test series, and now has a total of 13 wickets, which against any opposition is pretty awesome!

Bangladesh bowled out for 147

2nd npower test match
England vs Bangladesh

Day 1
2:10 PM

Bangladesh 147 all out 34.5 Overs
Mohammad Rafique 40(42) S. Jones 5-50
Rajin Saleh 24(38) P. Collingwood 2-0
Khaled Mashud 23(37) J. Anderson 2-41

David Gower: The resistance posted by the Bangladesh lower middle order dint last long as they were bowled out for 147. Another pathetic batting display that will yet provide more ammunition to their critics.

Michael Holding: Yes and I think they deserve it. This has been a really poor exhibition of test cricket, something that hurts me as a former player of the game.

David Gower: Well, a job well done by England once again. Simon Jones the star man yet again, bagging five wickets to take his overall tally in the series to 14. Jonathan Lewis picked up his first test wicket when he had Khaled Mashud out bowled. But the stand out performer since lunch was Paul Collingwood who picked up two wickets in his very first over, and virtually ended the Bangladeshi innings.

5ocr9y

5ocyeb

5ocygn

5ocyty

5ocz2p

England close in on Bangladesh's 1st innings score

2nd npower test match
England vs Bangladesh
Chester-le-Street

Day 1
Tea

England 84-1(1st Innings) 23 Overs
M. Trescothick 44*(77) Mashrafe 1-48
M. Vaughan 13*(12)
A. Cook 26(49)

Bangladesh 147 all out (1st Innings) 34.5 Overs

England trail by 63 runs, with 9 wickets in hand

Bob Willis: England have raced to 84-1 in just 23 overs at Tea on Day 1, after having Bangladesh bowled out for 147. The only wicket to fall was that of Alastair Cook, who was caught by Rajin Saleh off Mashrafe Mortaza for 26. Trescothick and Vaughan are the two men in, unbeaten on 44 and 13 respectively.

Ian Botham: Well Bangladesh need to get a wicket or two from somewhere otherwise we might expect another repeat of Lords here. They look completely helpless at the moment, I must say.

5of1h3

5of1nc

5of1u9

Users who are viewing this thread