Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
m vaughan said:
Juan Pablo Montoya wins European Grand Prix, with Kimi Raikkonen second and Fernando Alonso third. Michael Schumacher finished fourth.

Lol,is that the way you want next weeks European GP to turn out?

Presentation ceremony

David Gower: Welcome back. Now lets head back to the ground for the Match Presenation ceremony.

Bob Willis: Thank you David. Good Afternoon everyone for the presentation ceremony for this 1st npower test match in which England have beaten Bangladesh by an innings and 289 runs.

First I would like to call upon Habibul Bashar.

Habibul how has this defeat affected your team morale?

Habibul Bashar: We were outplayed from day one, and never had any session in our favour. We knew this was going to be tough, but I dint expect that it would be so bad. But having said that, I think we can take this is as a good wake-up call and prepare hard for the rest of the tour.

Bob Willis: Well best of luck for the next game at Chester-Le-Street.

Now I would like to call upon Michael Vaughan.

You must be really pleased with the performance.

Michael Vaughan: Absolutely. Everyone in some form or another played his part. It was a good team performance and I am delighted with the win. Bangladesh have come here after their first test series win, so their confidence and morale was high. And beating them is not as easy as it might seem.

Bob Willis: And what do you have to say about Simon Jones bowling?

Michael Vaughan: Well it was a team performance, but Jones was definately our best bowler. He did a fantastic job, and really made life difficult for the Bangladesh batsmen.

Bob Willis: Thanks Michael, and just wait a while, because our Man of the Match for this game is none other Michael Vaughan for his fantastic innings of 265, his highest ever test score. Congrats Michael, you can collect the prize from our Chief Guest, Mr. Kevin Miles.
52263609.jpg

So thats all that we have for the presentation ceremony.

Last edited:
It just got better!!

Now my International season will become even more comprehensive with stats and rankings off all International teams.

As you know my story follows ECB's fixture schedule after the ICC Champions Trophy in England. So using Cricinfo's Statguru I will be adding the stats of players to my Stats database (till then). Stats after that will be on the basis of my stories.

For example-
Michael Vaughan's 265 against Bangladesh in the 1st test will be recorded as his highest test score.

I will be taking the stats of other teams till May 23,2005 from Cricinfo. (That includes the 3rd ODI between Pakistan and West Indies).

After that I will have all the other International matches and fixtures autoplayed and their stats updates in my database as per those matches.

I will also be adding the stats of those teams that played England in my own tours (Zimbabwe, South Africa, Bangladesh) to the database and hence neglecting the stats of these series from the Cricinfo database.

That is for example, the stats for South Africa during England's tour of South Africa will be taken from my story and not from Cricinfo. This is to avoid any problems with the software I am using the register the stats.

I know its a bit complicated, but you will understand as my story continues.

Also you will also have all the teams battling it out in the ICC LG Ratings on the basis of these stats.

Very comprehensive stuff, and with the release of Cricket 2005 and BLIC in July, I might continue my story on one of those two games.

I will be putting up the fixtures for month of June 2005 soon. England matches will be played and other matches will be autoplayed.

Fantastic Idea Siddarth. That should make it even more interesting to follow the statistics of the players. You're the best right now!

Thanks Sai. Just trying to match the likes of Champ, MWaugh, Jazz, Yourself, and all the other story writers.

More News.....

I will be playing and including the ICC Champions Trophy 2004 in my story and the stats I mentioned above. If you remember my story has all the England matches as per the ECB Fixture Schedule after the ICC CT.

I will be doing that tournament in a different thread but it will be a part of this big story. Also team selections and other things will not be affected on what has happened in this thread. (As these matches have taken place after the tournament)

Stay tuned.

I am a bit busy with my exams on, so dont expect too many updates.

Yes, I must say, the quality of the stories are absolutely brilliant lately. Great stuff!!!

m_vaughan said:
Thanks Sai. Just trying to match the likes of Champ, MWaugh, Jazz, Yourself, and all the other story writers.

More News.....

I will be playing and including the ICC Champions Trophy 2004 in my story and the stats I mentioned above. If you remember my story has all the England matches as per the ECB Fixture Schedule after the ICC CT.

I will be doing that tournament in a different thread but it will be a part of this big story. Also team selections and other things will not be affected on what has happened in this thread. (As these matches have taken place after the tournament)

Stay tuned.

I am a bit busy with my exams on, so dont expect too many updates.

Hey Siddarth, I hope you dont mind me stealing this idea of having updated stats of each player which includes the matches played in my story thread.

Just got my hand on Access and I feel its feasible doing it with Access. Of course, only if you dont mind.

England players net training before 2nd test

Despite a comfortable victory, England are still training hard ahead of the 2nd test match against Bangladesh at Chester-le-Street

5e6err

Vaughan and Fletcher

Michael Vaughan and his men were seen doing some basic warm ups, pushups, backdowns, and stretching exercise in the morning before playing a 5 vs 5 football match that also included coach Duncan Fletcher.

This was followed by bowling and batting practice sessions in the nets as well a fielding and catching practice session.

5e6ewz

Simon Jones, was England's best bowler at Lords with a total of nine wickets in the match

When asked about the match team coach Duncan Fletcher had this to say:
"We do expect Bangladesh to put on a better performance at Chester-le-Street simply because by then they would got used to the climate and conditions here. We training as hard for this match as we would for any international test match, and we are going to take them as seriously and any other team.

Our boys are confident about putting in another good performance in this next match, and I am full faith in them."

5e6ez8

Jon Lewis(right) and Ian Bell

England have made one change in the squad with Jon Lewis replacing Martin Saggers

England squad for the 2nd test v Bangladesh:
Michael Vaughan(capt), Marcus Trescothick(vice capt), Alastair Cook, Ian Bell, Kevin Pieterson, Graham Thorpe, Paul Collingwood, Geraint Jones, Gareth Batty, Simon Jones, James Anderson, Chris Tremlett, Jonathan Lewis.

Users who are viewing this thread