Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
jazz said:
i think brett lee will certainly play in the one dayers for australia but have no part in the test team unless somebody gets injured
Yes Jazz. That is a very valid point.

But I guess we will have to wait and see.

Nafees Iqbal leads Bangladesh resistance

2nd npower test match
England vs Bangladesh
Chester-le-Street

Day 2
Tea

Bangladesh 83-3 (2nd Innings) 27 Overs
Nafees Iqbal 63*(86) J. Anderson 3-2
Mohammad Ashraful 2*(30)

England 443-4 declared (1st Innings) 77 Overs
Bangladesh 147 all out (1st Innings) 34.5 Overs

Bangladesh trail by 213 runs, 7 wickets in hand

Ian Botham: Nafees Iqbal has been Bangladesh's only form of resistance in the 2nd innings so far, scoring 63 of the 83 runs. We have had three batsmen, Javed Omar Belim, Habibul Bashar and Aftab Ahmed out for a duck, and all victim to the same bowler James Anderson.

Geoff Boycott: Yeah Jimmy has put in a dream spell here. Ten overs, 8 maidens, 2 runs and 3 wickets is really awesome stuff no matter whom you are playing against. All the three wickets were off superb deliveries, especially the one in which he got Aftab Ahmed out bowled. Real good stuff from Lancashire lad.

5pgaie

5pgaqf

5pgawo

5pgb2p

5pgcgw

Good to see a 50 from a Bangladesh player! Maybe they'll make it to day 3 afterall...

Johann said:
Good to see a 50 from a Bangladesh player! Maybe they'll make it to day 3 afterall...
Yeah Nafees Iqbal has played reasonably well in this series.

Day 2, Evening session details coming up soon.

STAY TUNED!!

England seal series win!

The Champ said:
can he convert it to 100
No, the lad made 71 from 93 balls before falling to Gareth Batty

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd npower test match
England vs Bangladesh
Chester-le-Street

Day 2
End of Match, 5:06 PM

Bangladesh 111 all out (2nd Innings) 38.5 Overs
Nafees Iqbal 71(93) J. Anderson 3-2
P. Collingwood 3-26
G. Batty 3-44

England 443-4 declared (1st Innings) 77 Overs
Bangladesh 147 all out (1st Innings) 34.5 Overs

England win by an innings and 185 runs
England win npower Test Series 2-0

David Gower: A fantastic win for England, winning by an innings and 185 runs, and that too under two days. A 2-0 series win over Bangladesh that should up their confidence for tougher tests to come.

Attar Ali Khan: Yes and once again Bangladesh have blown away a pretty good start. Nafees Iqbal was looking good at tea, but Bangladesh have collapsed in this evening session losing seven wickets.

David Gower: Gareth Batty and Paul Collingwood each picked up three wickets, while Simon Jones took his series tally to fifteen with a solitary wicket.

5pqwib

5pqwqv

5pqwx3

5pqx4i

5pqxad

5pqxe8

Last edited:
congrates on such a tough series vaughn hahaha. top work as always. pity you wont beat the australians :p

David Gower: Welcome back. Lets now head to the ground for the match presentation ceremony with Michael Holding.

Michael Holding: Thanks a lot David. Yes, Good evening ladies and gentlemen for this match presentation ceremony of this second npower test which England have won quite comfortably.

Lets us start by first calling the losing captain, Habibul Bashar of Bangladesh.

Well Habibul, I guess this one was even tougher than Lords?

Habibul Bashar: Yes Michael. Not only did we have to bat first here, but also the pitch had a lot of assistance for the bowlers yesterday morning, which made it very difficult for us to play.

Michael Holding: So how do you rate this England team?

Habibul Bashar: Well they are very good and tough team, and this has by far been the most toughest tour Ive been involved in, even tougher than the tour of Australia.

Michael Holding: Well thanks Habibul and all the best for the upcoming Natwest Series.

Now I would like to call upon Michael Vaughan, the England captain.

Michael, another big win, I cant imagine the confidence in your dressing room?

Michael Vaughan: Yeah thanks Mikey. Yeah we are happy and will be confident after these two wins, but our feet are definately on the ground, and we arent getting carried away by this as we must not become complacent. So as much as we are happy with our performance, we will continue to work hard and improve ourselves.

Michael Holding: And what about your form, Michael? Back to Back double centuries?

Michael Vaughan: Yeah I have had a nice series with the bat. Am glad I have been able to contribute to the team, and been able to score that many runs. Will certainly do me and my team a lot of good.

Michael Holding: Thanks Michael, and just stand aside for a while as we announce the man of the match and the man of the series.

Okay so now its time to reveal the man of the match. Well quite a few contenders, but having a look at various factors we have decided to give the man of the match prize to England's Paul Collingwood, for his 59 and also picking up a total of five wickets in the match.

5trx1d

Man of the Match - Paul Collingwood

Paul if you could please come here and accept your cheque and have a quick word with me.

Now Paul, this series has been a good one for you, hasnt it?

Paul Collingwood: Yeah it definately has been for me and for a lot of the other team members. No one has really disappointed, and its been a good series, yeah.

Michael Holding: Well you scored that hundred at Lords, and now doing well with both bat and ball here, how confident are you of playing in the Ashes, when all the others players are back from their rest?

Paul Collingwood: Uh, the Ashes is still a good month and a half away, so I dont think one can quite pick a team for that just as yet. But yeah my performances in these two test matches could well win me a place in the England side for the Ashes, but I will need to do well in the Natwest Series as well.

Michael Holding: Well congratulations Paul. Ladies and Gentlemen, our man of the match, Paul Collingwood.

And now to our man of the series. Well there have been quite a few outstanding performances in this series, but two guys have really done well. Hence we found it right to name both of them as the Men of the Series. They are none other than Michael Vaughan with two double hundreds, and Simon Jones with fifteen wickets in the series.

5trv4h

5trxit

Man of the Series: Michael Vaughan & Simon Jones

Michael and Simon if you could collect your winning cheques and come have a quick chat here.

Well Michael I've already spoken to you, so I'll throw a question at Simon this time around.

Simon, you've really looked a different bowler in this series. Very good line and length throughout.

Simon Jones: Yeah. I've working on my line and length with my county side Glamorgan after coming back from South Africa. And I am glad Ive been able to put that into effect here in the test matches, and I will try to continue doing the same in the upcoming matches against Australia as well.

Michael Holding: Okay then, Congratulations to you and Michael, and also you may now collect the winning trophy from.......

Ladies and Gentlemen, winners of the 2005 npower test series, winning 2-0, are none other than England!

5truvq

5truaa

Thats all we have for now, its back to the studio with David.

Last edited:
im looking forward to the 20:20 game between australia and england

Users who are viewing this thread