Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
Johann said:
Do you use the game's injury option or do you keep up with realism? I've never used the games injury option and was wondering how it is...

Anyway, this is once again a very detailed and enjoyable presentation!
The injuries I just try and keen up with the realism as well as use the game's injury option.

crick4life said:
The most successful Bangladesh bowler has only 3 wickets of 2 test matches. :eek:

Simon Jones the most successful bowler has 5 times more wickets than the most successful Bangladesh bowler.

Nice stats mate, it is fun to keep stats and look back at it after a while.

BTW how is that the html shows as picture here. I am capturing html as jpg and posting on the forums as I can't upload html. How did you make the stats show in a single post mate?

Cheers
Well I do the same thing. Capture the html (opened in IE) and save them as jpg images (and hence the loss in quality). As far putting them in one post is concerned, I think you can link upto six images in one post, and thats what I do.

About the ground - The Rose Bowl

Well we have two games coming up at the Rose Bowl.

First England take on Hampshire in a 50 over warm up game

Then England face Australia in the Natwest Twenty20 International match

So lets have a quick look at the venue for both these matches: The Rose Bowl

Details:
Also or formerly known as West End
Capacity 6,500
End names Pavilion End, Northern End
Home team(s) Hampshire, Hampshire 2nd XI

050376.jpg
http://content.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/57311.html?alt=2

The Rose Bowl, Hampshire's fourth home and its most state-of-the-art, was designed by award-winning architects Michael Hopkins & Partners and hosted its inaugural first-team match in 2001. The ground, shaped like a circular amphitheatre, and its highlight - the three-storey pavilion with canopied roof - is a splendid feat of architecture, but not, as yet, backed up by easy access. One of the venues for the Champions Trophy in 2004, the Rose Bowl received widespread criticism when access to the ground for England's key fixture against Sri Lanka proved extremely difficult, as 16,000 spectators descended. Nevertheless, Hampshire's ambitions continue unchecked: floodlights are set to be installed in 2006, paving the way for their hopes of becoming the premier venue for day-night internationals in England. The ground's development - costing a whopping ?24million - ran into financial difficulties in 2000, before a Hampshire businessman and cricket enthusiast Rob Bransgrove stepped in to secure its future.

First ODI South Africa v Zimbabwe - Jul 10, 2003 Last ODI Pakistan v West Indies - Sep 22, 2004

Highest Innings Total: 290-4 India vs Kenya, 2004
Highest Individual Score: 104 Andrew Flintoff, England v Sri Lanka, 2004
Highest Partnership: 192 W Hinds & C Gayle, West Indies v Bangladesh, 2004
Best Bowling: 5-29 Mervin Dillon, West Indies v Bangladesh, 2004

Most Runs: 104 Andrew Flintoff, England
Most Wickets: 5 Mervin Dillon, West Indies

i hope warne will give some of the england players a handful to think about in the up coming ashes

The Natwest 50 Over Match

Hampshire vs England
Rose Bowl, Southampton

5wleu9

David Gower: Welcome to lovely Hampshire for this warm up match for England before the Natwest Series begins. England take on the Hants here today at the Rose Bowl, and we have a superb attendance here. So lets not waste any time and head straight to the middle for the pitch and the conditions check with Bob Willis.

Bob Willis: Well thanks David, and conditions are perfect for cricket today. Sunny morning here and its warm and pleasant out here in the middle. Now as we look at the wicket we can clearly see the amount of grass on it. Yes it is a bowler friendly turf, thats for sure and from what I have heard it seems the groundsman was asked to prepare this kind of wicket by both captains. So now cloud cover to assist the bowlers, but the pitch surely will help them a lot. I would definately not want to bat on this pitch first. Nows it back to the studio with David.
5wlefn

5wlfn9

The Toss

David Gower: Thanks Bob. And now with me in the studio is a former Indian cricketer Ravi Shastri, who I believe has come to England with some work with Wisden. Good morning Ravi.

Ravi Shastri: Good morning David. Yes I am working with Wisden as well as the International Cricket Council to promote cricket in the schools and colleges here as well as other European countries like Holland, Scotland and Ireland.

David Gower: Well thats really good news that foreign stars are being called up to promote cricket in England. But Ravi what do you reckon of the current England team and the present breed of English players?

Ravi Shastri: Excellent David. England have some excellent players and a lot of youngsters who have stepped up from country cricket and International cricket and have done very well. The likes of Andrew Strauss, Alex Wharf, Ian Bell, Kevin Pieterson have really impressed me, and I am certain that England will give Australia a tough tough fight.

David Gower: Well thanks Ravi. He will one of commentators for this match. Anyways now lets head back to the middle for the toss with Bob Willis.

Bob Willis: Thanks David and I have both the captains with me, Michael Vaughan of England and Shane Warne of Hampshire. Michael Vaughan has tossed the coin, Shane Warne has called heads, and heads it is.

5wm87t

So Shane whats your decision going to be?

Shane Warne: Uh, we are gonna have a bowl first.

Bob Willis: No surprises really. But how seriously are you taking this game?

Shane Warne: Very seriously actually, because we are going to face a tough opposition in England, and it will be a real test for our guys to face and perform against one of the best sides the world today. It will be a good experience that will benefit us in the remainder of the season. I am really looking forward to this game, and am taking it very seriously.

Bob Willis: Well thats Shane Warne for you ladies and gentlemen, as competetive as ever.

Now Michael Vaughan, tough job batting first here?

Michael Vaughan: Yes it will be. We'll probably have to be careful early on, but I think if we can see out the first few overs then it shouldnt be that much of a problem batting. Its not overcast, so its not really a bowler's paradise here.

Bob Willis: Okay thanks a lot Michael and best of luck for the match.

Now its again back to the studio with David and Ravi.

Last edited:
David Gower: Welcome back. Well the match is going to start soon, as the players are currently being introduced to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh.
5wmav4

Now lets have a look at the teams for this match.
5wme4j

5wmant

So the match is about to start, and lets join our commentators, Bob Willis and Ravi Shastri.
5wmbd3

Last edited:
m_vaughan said:
So Shane whats your decision going to be?

Shane Warne: Uh, we are gonna have bat first.

Now Michael Vaughan, tough job batting first here?

Michael Vaughan: Yes it will be. We'll probably have to be careful early on, but I think if we can see out the first few overs then it shouldnt be that much of a problem batting. Its not overcast, so its not really a bowler's paradise here.

Hey Siddarth. This is confusing. Warne, the captain of Hampshire says he's gonna have a bat first. But when Vaughan, the captain of England is interviewed, he says if his team can see out the first few overs, it shouldnt be that much of a problem batting. Who is batting first? England or Hampshire?

saisrini80 said:
Hey Siddarth. This is confusing. Warne, the captain of Hampshire says he's gonna have a bat first. But when Vaughan, the captain of England is interviewed, he says if his team can see out the first few overs, it shouldnt be that much of a problem batting. Who is batting first? England or Hampshire?
Uh oh a typo there mate. Hampshire have won the toss and are bowling first.

Users who are viewing this thread