• Thread starter Deleted member 13648
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13648

England Win Tough Game Thanks To Gerrard

tylernewmainrj9.png
MT: Well England have won this game thanks to a wonderful second half performance from Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard. He came out after the break with a purpose and he caused the Switzerland defence a lot of trouble with his powerful runs and shots. Just after the half, Gerrard went close from a distance which narrowly missed the target.

gerrardschancepr9.gif

Gerrard was still causing Switzerland trouble all around the pitch, even in defence when he was clearing with his head. In th 75th minute, Gerrard opened England's account for the group stage. He ran a good 30 yards from the half way line to the edge of the box and buried a shot across the keeper and into the far corner. It was a typical Gerrard goal.

gerrardsgoalsk2.gif

Once again, Switzerland posed no threat to England in the second half but did create a few chances. The best chance fell to Vogel who made a good run into the box, but after doing the hard work, screwed his shot just wide to Robinson's left.

schanceqo5.gif

England won this game by one goal to nil, but in fairness, it could have been so much more as Switzerland didn't play anywhere near their best.

Switzerland 0 - 1 England

England substitutions: S.Campbell for R.Ferdinand & A.Lennon for J.Cole

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Damn Gerrard, bloody flukey England doing what they do best; Fluking victories. ;)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Good match and timely goal helped for victory! Also a good presenation mate :clap Its Neat! :)

plympilgrim

International Coach
grt pre, grt goal by gerrard and england should have won by more from the sound of things

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Good goal by Gerrard and a good win for England. Nice presentation Culli.

Here's a suggestion- Use a different font. Something which is still professional but something that looks better than Georgia.

Last edited:

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Really great work Stu, similar gifs to my World Cup thread hehe, great work tho

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
great stuff mate love the animation :clap

Not a bad start by England but could be better!
Keep it up mate :cheers

D

Deleted member 13648

England Reaction To Switzerland Game

jeffstelling2mainru4.png
JS: Hello I'm Jeff Stelling, and this, is the reaction to England vs Switzerland, in which England came out 1-0 winners. We will be interviewing Steven Gerrard today. I'll hand you over to Geoff Shreeves who has England's goal scorer, Steven Gerrard, with him.

geoffshreevesbh3.png
GS: Thank you Jeff. Well Steven, what do you think were the best points about England's performance today?

englandgerrard1162mz2.png
SG: I think we were very strong going forward and creating chances for Michael and Wayne. David's passing was first class as always and proved he can still cut it at International level.

geoffshreevesbh3.png
GS: Do you think that England have a good chance of winning the World Cup this year?

SG: It's a bit early at the minute to tell! We're just concentrating on the qualifying stage at the minute, once we have that out the way, we can look to progress through the tournament.

geoffshreevesbh3.png
GS: Finally Steven, what do you make of your next opponents Slovakia?

SG: We'll be looking for a win in that match definatley. We'll be brimming with confidence after this game and I can't wait to join up with the England boys again.

geoffshreevesbh3.png
GS: Thanks for joining us Steven.

SG: It's my pleasure, cheers.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Nice interview Culli :) Once again its neat work!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Nice Interview Culli, nice little addition. Good presentation. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread