Story England's Tour of Australia - 2005 - The Ashes

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The time has come to be proud, the time has come to stand up and be counted, the time had come to take the Aussies in their own back yard, The Ashes trophy may rest there for now but at the end of a long and gruelling tour the Barmy Army and the England Team will reclaim it and bring it back to where it belongs!! There have been disapointments in the past...

Steve Waugh lifting The Ashes trophy after the 4 - 1 trouncing last year:

sydney_waugh_trophy.jpg

... But now is different, now the confidence is high and the squad really believe in themsleves, The England squad were unbeaten last year and have whitewashed every tem they have met sinse then, they may not whitewash the Aussies but they will have a damn good go!!! The fixtures and sponsors will be posted later.

-

For this tour i'll be using:
Golds Test Patch
Sams Run Out Fixer
All latest kits and roster updates
2GB Bat Pack
England Faces
Various sponsors and stumps
Sky Sports Overlay for tests and some tour matches and Channel 9 Overlay for the ODI's and some tour matches

Tour Schedule:

Sky Sports will be covering the opening match against the Chairmans XI and the match against Australia A, while Channel 9 will be covering the local matches against Queensland and Victoria, the rest will not be reported on fully but a short summary will be provided.

Tour Matches: Sponsored by Npower and Coca Cola:

Oct 29: Vs CXI - Lilac Hill (Live on Sky Sports)
Oct 31: Vs WAU - Perth
Nov 7: Vs SAU - Adelaide
Nov 13: Vs QLD - Cairns (Live on Channel 9)
Dec 5: Vs VIC - Melbourne (Live on Channel 9)
Dec 17: Vs MXI - Canberra
Dec 19: Vs AUA - Hobart (Live on Sky Sports)
Jan 8: Vs QLD - Brisbane

Test Series: Sponsored by 3Mobile: All Live on Sky Sports

Nov 20: Vs Australia - Brisbane
Nov 28: Vs Australia - Perth
Dec 11: Vs Australia - Adelaide
Dec 26: Vs Australia - Melbourne
Jan 2: Vs Australia - Sydney

Samsung Triangular ODI Trophy sponsored by:Samsung: Live Coverage by Channel 9

Jan 10: Australia Vs England - Brisbane
Jan 11: New Zealand Vs England - Hobart
Jan 13: Australia Vs New Zealand - Adelaide
Jan 15: Australia Vs England - Brisbane
Jan 16: Australia Vs New Zealand - Sydney
Jan 17: New Zealand Vs England - Adelaide

--== Tournament Finals TBD ==--

England Squad:

M Vaughan (C)
J Anderson
G Batty
P Collingwood
A Fluntoff
A Giles
D Gough
S Harmison
G Jones (wk)
A McGrath
V Solanki
S Strauss
M Trescothick
A Wharf
R Key
M Hoggard
G Thorpe
M Butcher
I Bell
S Jones

-

Tour Matches: Sponsored by Npower and Coca Cola:[/B]

Will you be using my coca cola graphics? and good luck to England and Australia

It does indeed mean that i will be using your Coca Cola Graphics which btw are v.good, ive started the first tour match will update when i have finished the first innings.

There will be pictures when i finish the first innings so you'll have to wait till then im afraid but i can tell you that half way through the innings and both teams have had good spells.

The two other major teams taking part in this tour have announced their final squads today:

Australia:

R Ponting (c)
A Gilchrist (wk)
M Clarke
J Gillespie
N Hauritz
M Hayden
B Hogg
M Kasprowicz
B Lee
D Lehman
D Martyn
G McGrath
A Symonds
S Watson
B Williams
S Katich
B Hodge
S Warne
S Macgill
J Langer

New Zealand:

S Fleming (c)
N Astle
I Butler
C Cairns
C Harris
H Marshal
B McCullum (wk)
C McMillan
K Mills
J Oram
M Papps
S Styris
D Tuffey
D Vettori
M Sinclair
C Martin
A Adams
J Franklin
P Wiseman
M Richardson

wonderful tour itenary.
and also it is traditional that the first summer aussie test starts in the Gabba,Brisbane.
Wish you best of luck mate.,

-

England Vs Chairmans XI:
50 over ODI:
Lilac Hill:
Sponsored by Coca Cola:
Live on Sky Sports:

England kick off their Ashes campiagn away from home by facing a hand picked squad of players including some big names, they will be looking to get of to a winning start and keep the momentum going all the way through the tour. James Anderson gets the callup ahead of Simon Jones for this match simply becase ODI's are Jimmy's thing, he bowls well and on a green stack wickets could go missing very fast. Andrew Strauss starts at the top of the order allong with Marcus Trescothick, it is the young lads first away tour and he will be wanting to make a big impact so look out for some big scored from him. The coin is flipped and the England captain chooses heads.

cricket200420050112193935962jj.png

Micheal Vaughan lost the toss and will be bowling first, a strange decision by the opposing captain, if we had won the toss we would have definately been bowling so it didnt turn out bad in the end. The pitch is very green and will do lots for the seamers, look for quite a few quick wickets to fall, other than that it is in good condition, James Anderson and Darren Gough should have a field day here.

cricket200420050112194012400jd.png

The plan from England's camp will be too really get at the opening batsmen and not let their confidence get too high whilst taking a few wickets, the pitch should aid them well but runs shouldn't be that hard to come by, they will be looking to bowl them out for about 260 which would leave them a reachable target at about 6 an over.

P.S:

Sorry about the frame rate on the fraps screenshots, it will be fixed for Englands Innings.

-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread