England's tour of India - 2021

England selectors will still somehow believe that Jos Buttler (or Jonny Bairstow?) is better than Ben Foakes as a keeper-batsman...

England are missing a trick here. Just get Root to bowl and he will get you a wicket.

Well not too sure what Kohli's intentions were with him running on the pitch. Very much seemed like he did that on purpose. On top of it argued with the umpires and complaining to Root.

What is wrong with the guy in this match? Confirming bowled decision and now running on the pitch.

Well on Pujara's dismissal he was really unlucky there!!! Similar to what happened to Root in the 2nd Test of the Sri Lanka's innings? I would say Pujara's dismissal was a combination of Pujara's misfortune and England's brilliance in the field.
Post automatically merged:

That was the greatest Review of all time by ROOOOT!

There was a social distancing between the ball & the bat.
I would say please don't be harsh on him. He was doing well until that review in this series.

I would say please don't be harsh on him. He was doing well until that review in this series.
It was a tonue in cheek edited later.

But yeah that has to be right up there - Quite a few from Bangladeshis over the year even Kohli is a master of such blunders.

& This Finch Gold and Today by Root has to be no.1.

EuP1OUkVIAEhBZ3

It was a tonue in cheek edited later.

But yeah that has to be right up there - Quite a few from Bangladeshis over the year even Kohli is a master of such blunders.

& This Finch Gold and Today by Root has to be right up there.

EuP1OUkVIAEhBZ3
I was talking about this series and the previous series in Sri Lanka. :p

Before that I never really rated him as a Captain.

The pitch is playing well this morning.
That was the greatest Review of all time by ROOOOT! :p

There was a social distancing between the ball & the bat.
The replay was funny. He leapt up in the air at leg slip, the only one to appeal. The looked around for support and everyone just stared back clueless. Then he went for a review with 2 seconds left.

Kohli has been excellent and very ably accompanied by Ashwin. If there was even a tiny chance of England winning after such a good first hour this partnership has well and truly extinguished that.

Reactions: QB1
On the flip side, will the Kohli-Ahswin partnership help clam down the nerves of the English batsmen? Take a leaf out of these two and apply themselves accordingly. Once the ball is no longer new, batting seems to become easier.

Root will have to play a captain's innings and he is very much capable of doing it comfortably.

Wasn't the pitch impossible to bat upon?

Or, Ashwin and Kohli are just Bradman and Hammond reincarnated. /s

Unlucky Kohli, solid knock from him today that should seal the game barring a Headingley Stokes repeat.

Declare now. Why the give the satisfaction of bowling India out :p It's not like we will adding 20 more runs.

Declare now. Why the give the satisfaction of bowling India out :p It's not like we will adding 20 more runs.
I can understand why you don't want that. :p
@zimrahil
Post automatically merged:

Unlucky Kohli, solid knock from him today that should seal the game barring a Headingley Stokes repeat.
Even that won't be enough. The lead is now well over 400.

Users who are viewing this thread