England's tour of India - 2021

Because there's just too many folks in India who follow cricket and follow it with passion.

The trolling of Vaughan's comments about the pitch, has been pretty rough in these past few days. But you guys can take heart from the fact that there were lots of trolls on Tim Paine after today's win by India, and the trolls went back to the SCG test where Paine sledged Ashwin "See you at the Gabba mate... your own team mates dont like you... etc etc etc".

Many Indian fans love to troll/meme people who pass out controversial stuff against Indian players. And their memories are longer because they just have too much of time on their hands for cricket.

Fair play. He seems to take it well, but it also seems to be everything he posts

The pitch being substandard
These pitches are sub standard to anyone other than sub continentals. Indians cut their teeth on these decks.. so goes to show that they are as familiar with them as their kid brother. Poms are weened on grassy tracks under leaden skies.. so they know them while Aussies know little other than hard, bouncy pitches under sunny skies. As I see it Australia and England need to change the pitches on which we nurture our future internationals to something like they will find on the sub continent and elsewhere they tour. Otherwise we both will continue to leave these places feeling humiliated.

Several years ago Australian cricket bosses had a brainwave to build Indian like spinning pitches at our Brisbane Academy. Every year we hold a spin camp for our emerging tweakers on these pitches. In addition CA sends young spinners to play in underage comps in Sri Lanka.. not sure about India. In order to better perform on English decks and their conditions CA introduced the Dukes ball three years ago for our state Shield comp. It was hoped this Australian variant of the English ball, will improve a batsman's technique against the moving ball. Early days so we will have to wait to see if these two measures will pay dividends in the years to come.

Last edited:
SaiSrini said:

Because there's just too many folks in India who follow cricket and follow it with passion.

The trolling of Vaughan's comments about the pitch, has been pretty rough in these past few days. But you guys can take heart from the fact that there were lots of trolls on Tim Paine after today's win by India, and the trolls went back to the SCG test where Paine sledged Ashwin "See you at the Gabba mate... your own team mates dont like you... etc etc etc".

Paine: ‘I can’t wait to get you to the Gabba, Ash.
Ashwin : ‘I can’t wait to get you to India. It’ll be your last series.’
Paine: ‘At least my team-mates like me, d***head. I’ve got a lot more Indian friends than you do. Even your team-mates think you’re a goose. Don’t they. Every one.’

Paine's last sentence was definitely below the belt and admits he lost it in Sydney so being the nice bloke he is apologized profusely to Ash later on.

Indians tend to get highly emotional on the tiniest of things. Just check some of the previous posts here in this thread in the recent past for the proof.

Indians tend to get highly emotional on the tiniest of things. Just check some of the previous posts here in this thread in the recent past for the proof.
Not only Indians. As above comments by our skipper clearly show. You are playing a sport where your emotions can get the better of you.. that is "in the heat of the moment". Tim realized he had overstepped the line by setting a poor example as a captain and felt bad after. I am sure he never mean to call Ash a d***head. The bloke is one of Indian cricket's true gentleman. If I recall Tim said something similar re ''no one likes you.. not even your team mates" to Virat in Australia too.

Going to twitter and not expecting to see TROLLS (Indian or non Indian) for even the most harmless things is naivety - its a breeding ground for any idiot saying anything. And that includes not just the anonymous trolls but even well known public figures spewing tripe

Take it with a pinch of salt instead of generalizing a whole group of fans over it

Just stumbled across this - https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...ht-after-choosing-to-leave-india-tour-1252037

What an ugly position to be in. You're told beforehand that you'll be a part of the first two Tests, only to come back at the last minute and requested to stay on for the remainder ones. And Root perhaps made it worse by saying Moeen "chose" to go back home, which sends out the wrong signal as far as the player's priorities are concerned.

Going to twitter and not expecting to see TROLLS (Indian or non Indian) for even the most harmless things is naivety - its a breeding ground for any idiot saying anything. And that includes not just the anonymous trolls but even well known public figures spewing tripe

Take it with a pinch of salt instead of generalizing a whole group of fans over it

Definitely not what I was doing. Just wondering if he'd done something specific that was unpopular. I'm fully aware Twitter is the anus of humanity:thumbs

Just wondering if he'd done something specific that was unpopular.

Pretty much every tweet or opinion of his has been.. unpopular to describe it diplomatically. The man has a Shane Warne-esque tendency to always say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Twitter being a worse cesspit doesn't really mean he is a shining beacon in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread