England's tour of India - 2021

India will win by an innings here now. I really hope we show a bit of fight and at least make them sweat a bit but I can't see it.

I'm hugely frustrated with the whole tour. We've had a brilliant chance to win here especially after going 1-0 up. We then won 2 more tosses and ****ed up each time. Yes, we've had to deal with dodgy decisions, awful pitches and extreme heat. But we've been our own worst enemy at times. I think there's been a point in every test where it was neck and neck and could've swung either way. But every single time we've crumbled in those pressure periods, with bat and ball.

Selection has been crap all tour as well, plain and simple. Real missed opportunity but at least Eoin Morgan gets all of his side for the one dayers eh?

Selection has been crap all tour as well, plain and simple. Real missed opportunity but at least Eoin Morgan gets all of his side for the one dayers eh?
I expect England to score 350+ in atleast a couple of matches and expect India to lose 2-1. India's ODI bowling strategy is just terrible. T20Is might be a tough call but I feel India might just edge out England.

England have effed this right up and all the momentum they had coming out of the test wins in Sri Lanka and the first test have been chucked away through poor management of the team. The old saying applies everywhere: if it aint broke, don't fix it.

England have effed this right up and all the momentum they had coming out of the test wins in Sri Lanka and the first test have been chucked away through poor management of the team. The old saying applies everywhere: if it aint broke, don't fix it.
Further more its just arrogance: oh we have two or three players for every role: it doesn't matter who we play they are all good enough. No, no they aint. Fact.
Post automatically merged:

Unless it's a broken cock.
Every broken cock has its day.

Further more its just arrogance: oh we have two or three players for every role: it doesn't matter who we play they are all good enough. No, no they aint. Fact.
Post automatically merged:

Every broken cock has its day.
I think it's a few things.

1. World Test Championship not as important as the Ashes. The likelihood of winning in India is low so give up on the idea of getting to the WTC final. The team that plays in England in the summer will be closer to that which plays in Australia anyway so put the focus on those five matches at home.
2. Winning the World T20 would be seen as equally important to the Ashes (in this day and age), particularly considering it would mean England holds both limited overs trophies. So those players that will play in both need to be managed. And limited overs matches in similar conditions will be crucial.
3. Some players just aren't good enough and will never be/yet.
4. Unless you're in one of the bubbles, far from home, we don't know how hard it is and having a break for your mental health as much as anything is vital.

There are some positives.

Experience for players who you would expect go out to India again. Sibley's had a torrid time and his stats don't look good but he scored two very good half-centuries that contributed to victories. Lawrence has shown glimpses of being decent certainly to put pressure on Pope or Crawley.

Moeen is still probably the best option to play as a spinner. Particularly if Broad, Anderson and Archer are in the tail. Although I think Leach has done well and is probably the better bowler. It feels unlikely they'll want a repeat of that tail from the last match again. Stone looked like a decent prospect and unless Archer's form does improve he will be pushing for his place. For a place anyway, in Australia, if he gets more opportunities between now and then.

Ben Foakes has been superb but he's done nothing significant with the bat so will clearly be jettisoned at the first opportunity (although there's a chance he could play against NZ because of IPL clashes).

Lastly, the return of Jonny Bairstow is a much needed boost to English cricket, test cricket and cricket fans all over the world.

We are still not out of this match. It could be a most unlikely victory but a few quick wickets and a couple of the batsman getting an actual partnership could at least give us a slim chance.

What happened? :lol

Was going on and on about how Pant should prod around for a personal milestone and get to 100 when he was on 93 and then when he hit a 6 to get there he was boasting about how he had said so.

It's unreal how shamelessly everyone has now jumped upon the Pant bandwagon.

Even Bhogle was on and on about his keeping and how Saha should be picked and now suddenly he's singing hymns of his keeping. You guys should see what Manjrekar says about Rahane now. It's been less than 10 tests he made the MCG ton!!!

Was going on and on about how Pant should prod around for a personal milestone and get to 100 when he was on 93 and then when he hit a 6 to get there he was boasting about how he had said so.

It's unreal how shamelessly everyone has now jumped upon the Pant bandwagon.

Even Bhogle was on and on about his keeping and how Saha should be picked and now suddenly he's singing hymns of his keeping. You guys should see what Manjrekar says about Rahane now. It's been less than 10 tests he made the MCG ton!!!
I would say with Rahane it is more like a mental issue. There is definitely something going in his head which isn't being addressed properly. Mentally he has just not been there on the crease while he bats in recent times. I would say his knock of 66 in the 2nd Test was as good as his 100 at the MCG

Rahane's struggled versus spin for quite some time now. Had it not been for the historic Australia series victory the vultures would have very well feasted on him. I really do hope he gets back to form but barring a few excellent performances he seems to largely be anonymous with the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread