England's tour of India - 2021

This is abject

This was probably Moeen's last India tour. The way England used Moeen in this series, I feel very sad for him. He was the best allrounder in the last tour. He is far better batsman then Lawrence, Pope & Bairstow. Sorry Moeen. Nature never mercy.

He is far better batsman then Lawrence, Pope & Bairstow.
I mean... I'd dispute that re: Lawrence
Post automatically merged:

Also, what an embarrassment of an innings from Dom Bess; not that anything is really the fault of the number nine batsman, but come on

A brilliant bowling spell from Axar Patel another 5 for.
Post automatically merged:

Why was Axar Patel not in the Indian squad after 2018?

Axar and Pandya was injured during Asia Cup so Jadeja was added in the squad. Jadeja played well in Asia cup and Axar never returned back in the squad.

This will happen again. When Jadeja will be back, Axar will be dropped from playing XI.

Axar and Pandya was injured during Asia Cup so Jadeja was added in the squad. Jadeja played well in Asia cup and Axar never returned back in the squad.

This will happen again. When Jadeja will be back, Axar will be dropped from playing XI.
Effect of being an identical player. More experienced player always gets favoured.

Which players haven't played that would get in the 'best' team? Buttler and Moeen? Seriously doubt the two of them would significantly close the gap between these teams.

As far as the best team for these conditions goes. Aye I reckon both would be improvements over Bess and Bairstow. Not necessarily meaning we'd have won. But we may have been ay least competitive.

As far as the best team for these conditions goes. Aye I reckon both would be improvements over Bess and Bairstow. Not necessarily meaning we'd have won. But we may have been ay least competitive.
Buttler would play instead of Foakes not Bairstow. Moeen instead of Bess would be an improvement; someone who has batted well in India, not as many full tosses. He still averages 49 in India with the ball so let's not pretend he's a guaranteed match-winner.

They've been massively outplayed by a side that have also not had their best players.

Honestly, I thought we'd lose 4-0 so it's gone better than expected. :lol

Buttler would play instead of Foakes not Bairstow. Moeen instead of Bess would be an improvement; someone who has batted well in India, not as many full tosses. He still averages 49 in India with the ball so let's not pretend he's a guaranteed match-winner.

They've been massively outplayed by a side that have also not had their best players.

Honestly, I thought we'd lose 4-0 so it's gone better than expected. :lol

Aye anah, but I really wanted to drop Jonny...

Yeah I had 0-4 as the expectation in my head, but I didn't think we'd be as abject in defeat as this

Users who are viewing this thread