England's tour of India - 2021

Right, onto the white ball stuff then. Feels a bit 'after the Lord Mayor's show' but there you go.

Although the rankings have India 3rd I would say this is the between the top two T20 teams in World cricket. Will India make many changes or will they put out their strongest XI for a World Cup dress rehearsal?

I would imagine England to line up like this...

Roy
Buttler (wk)
Malan
Bairstow
Morgan
Stokes
Ali
S Curran
Rashid
Archer*
Wood

*fitness permitting. If he isn't fit I'd expect Chris Jordan to come in.
Reckon they might play Topley if Archer is injured.

:ind: Predicted Indian Team for 1st T20I vs :eng: England

:bat: Rohit Sharma
:bat: KL Rahul
:bat: Virat Kohli :c:
:bat: Surya Kumar Yadav
:bat: Rishabh Pant :wk:
:ar: Hardik Pandya
:ar: Washington Sundar / Axar Patel
:bwl: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
:bwl: Deepak Chahar
:bwl: Yuzvendra Chahal
:bwl: T Natarajan
Post automatically merged:

Is it too late to call up Paddikal for the white-ball stuff?

View attachment 244495
rohit
rahul
dhawan
gill
shaw
kishan
rahane
and many more are already in line

no chance he gets a place till first three are intact

Interesting to see how India approach their lineup for the T20I's. My lineup will be this:

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rahul
Pant
Hardik
Axar
Sundar/Shardul
Bhuvi
Natarajan
Chahal

I would play Dhawan because of two things, 1) Dhawan is a beast in ICC tournaments and he has to play there and if he plays there, he should prep for it by playing here, 2) the left-right combo at the top. And trust me - there is no place for Surya or Shreyas in the XI. Rahul can bat anywhere and packing the middle order with big hitters is going to be key because the chances of all 3 (Rahul, Pant, Hardik) having off day at the same time will be pretty low and even if one of them clicks big, India will be massively boosted. On the contrary, Shreyas or Surya won't give that kind of impetus. Also Surya and Ishan are raw enough for a WC that's happening in a few months.

Hope Hardik can bowl for the T20 WC. I am really itching to see him get a decent bowl in this T20I series.

View attachment 244495

Not for T20's for sure since the WC is just 6 months away and the India T20I side is backlogged worser than the USA green card backlog. :lol :p We do have more time for the ODI WC, but similar backlog issues exist in the ODI side too. Too many freakin' openers are flowing into our side that it'll not be a pleasant headache at some point of time.

View attachment 244495

Was very visibly gassed in the IPL after the powerplay and struggled in particular with strike rotation and power hitting in the middle overs. He has the potential to be a genuinely world-class talent for India but may need another season of domestic cricket. Being left-handed does help him in the pecking order.

Interesting to see how India approach their lineup for the T20I's. My lineup will be this:

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rahul
Pant
Hardik
Axar
Sundar/Shardul
Bhuvi
Natarajan
Chahal

I would play Dhawan because of two things, 1) Dhawan is a beast in ICC tournaments and he has to play there and if he plays there, he should prep for it by playing here, 2) the left-right combo at the top. And trust me - there is no place for Surya or Shreyas in the XI. Rahul can bat anywhere and packing the middle order with big hitters is going to be key because the chances of all 3 (Rahul, Pant, Hardik) having off day at the same time will be pretty low and even if one of them clicks big, India will be massively boosted. On the contrary, Shreyas or Surya won't give that kind of impetus. Also Surya and Ishan are raw enough for a WC that's happening in a few months.

Hope Hardik can bowl for the T20 WC. I am really itching to see him get a decent bowl in this T20I series.

Why would you want to move our best T20 batter at the moment for Dhawan though? He has been excellent for Delhi but I would rather have Rahul playing his natural game as an opener and SKY at four. I feel like you're underrating SKY a lot, he was brilliant in the middle overs with constant boundaries, strike rotation and some wonderful shots in the death overs. His attitude has brought him trouble in the past but it is also the source of strength for a player like him. An elite mentality player is what I would call him. Certainly wouldn't hurt giving him a chance.

Further, I don't think in this day and age when you play in T20 leagues with such high quality players around you that a relative lack of international experience should be an issue. Take Archer for example, he did not play as many List A games and yet was a star in the World Cup.

Why would you want to move our best T20 batter at the moment for Dhawan though? He has been excellent for Delhi but I would rather have Rahul playing his natural game as an opener and SKY at four. I feel like you're underrating SKY a lot, he was brilliant in the middle overs with constant boundaries, strike rotation and some wonderful shots in the death overs. His attitude has brought him trouble in the past but it is also the source of strength for a player like him. An elite mentality player is what I would call him. Certainly wouldn't hurt giving him a chance.

Further, I don't think in this day and age when you play in T20 leagues with such high quality players around you that a relative lack of international experience should be an issue. Take Archer for example, he did not play as many List A games and yet was a star in the World Cup.
I posted the same line up you suggested couple of posts earlier

:bat: Rohit Sharma
:bat: KL Rahul
:bat: Virat Kohli :c:
:bat: Surya Kumar Yadav
:bat: Rishabh Pant :wk:
:ar: Hardik Pandya
:ar: Washington Sundar / Axar Patel
:bwl: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
:bwl: Deepak Chahar
:bwl: Yuzvendra Chahal
:bwl: T Natarajan
Post automatically merged:

rohit
rahul
dhawan
gill
shaw
kishan
rahane
and many more are already in line

no chance he gets a place till first three are intact

I would probably play Sundar and Axar in place of Chahar. If Bhuvi is unfit, Chahar can play instead of him. The latter two are both very similar in their style and Chahar does not have the skill in the death overs that Bhuvi does. Sundar and one of the swing bowlers can open the bowling, Axar can easily follow up too.

there is no place for Surya or Shreyas in the XI.
I agree to your point with Iyer since it is easy to tie him down and not let him score at a brisk rate especially when seamers are bowling while he is brilliant against the spinners but that's now how you approach the T20 format. I think SKY is a lot better player when it comes to playing in the middle order because he has got shots in his book. And remember he played as a finisher in the past for KKR and he was successful at that position. So, I think he is someone who shouldn't be kept out of the side for sure. Also in case we lose early wickets SKY is someone who can anchor the innings and can switch gears as per the requirement of the innings. I think he is a genuine name for the reckoning atleast in the T20 format.

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rahul
Pant
Hardik
Axar
Sundar/Shardul
Bhuvi
Natarajan
Chahal
Also I would like to add to this. Dhawan may have a reputation as a charm for India in ICC tournaments but you also got to agree he is someone who is a little past his prime. He did bat excellently in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy but I wouldn't want to bat him up there at the expense of KL Rahul. KL Rahul is someone who can take to the bowlers in the Powerplay overs and he does that on a consistent basis. That is the reason why he is so highly rated as a player and he is probably the best player for Punjab in IPL, infact he is the best opener in the tournament over the years along with someone like David Warner.

I would like India to go ahead with this side for the WT20

Rohit
KL Rahul
Virat Kohli
SKY
Pant
Hardik
Jadeja
Sundar
Bhuvi
Natarajan
Chahal

Also I would like to add to this. Dhawan may have a reputation as a charm for India in ICC tournaments but you also got to agree he is someone who is a little past his prime. He did bat excellently in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy but I wouldn't want to bat him up there at the expense of KL Rahul. KL Rahul is someone who can take to the bowlers in the Powerplay overs and he does that on a consistent basis. That is the reason why he is so highly rated as a player and he is probably the best player for Punjab in IPL, infact he is the best opener in the tournament over the years along with someone like David Warner.

I would like India to go ahead with this side for the WT20

Rohit
KL Rahul
Virat Kohli
SKY
Pant
Hardik
Jadeja
Sundar
Bhuvi
Natarajan
Chahal
For this series I would just make one change to this line-up for the 1st T20I

I would have Tewatia in place of injured Jadeja. He could well be Jadeja's backup for the WT20 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread