Story Englands Tour Of The Sub-Continent (part 2)

thats what im worried about, i was being smacked around at 8-14 runs per over by Pakistan in that second innings!

So Englands only 50 over warm up game before the Pakistan Quangrangular Tourenament (50 over) is against Pakistan A. Should in theory be a walk in the park for england who make a few changes to there test side! Out of the experienced test middle order Thorpe is the only player who keeps his place! Vaughan stated before the toss that he was hopeing the game would give some of the one day side a chance to get on top of their games! Pakistan A fielded quite a few members of the main Pakistan team.

Its a dusty pitch, with a medium chance of rain, Vaughan'ie says yeah theres something in this pitch we'll have a bowl first and see what target they set us! Richie Benaud was quick to judge the call as a possible "school boy" error as he quipped that batting would be extreamly hard in the second innings (bugger).
England get off to a great start James Anderson clean bowling Kabir, Blackwell took a nice catch off a harmsion ripper as Farhat looked to pull him. Then disaster the next wicket cost well over 100 runs and they were flowing fast. At times England looked out of ideas. Farhan adil hitting an immpressive 74 off 99 balls before he eventually was caught on the bondry from a Blackwell slow ball. England wanted to give alot of different bowlers a try and maybe this cost them. The only bowler to come out of the game with any credit was Blackwell who had numerous play and misses from Pakistan A. Blackwell is pushing Ashley Giles hard for a spot in the England Test team after this performance. Harmison picked up a few wickets at the end, but along with Anderson was very expensive. England need 272 to win.

Pak_A_Scorecard.jpg
[/IMG]

Pak_A_Bat.jpg
[/IMG]

Eng_Bowl.jpg
[/IMG]

So England come out and try (yes try) to be positive but the plan backfires quite horribley. By the time they reach 18 runs they are three down. Trescothick hitting a drive that went straight up in the air, Vaughan clean bowled with an absolute peach, Collingwood changed his mind about a run and was run out. Thorpe and Flintoff arrived at the crease and looked to steady the ship, Flintoff started hammering 6's and suddenly England were trotting along at 8 runs per over. They passed their 50 partnership before Flintoff drived one to many and was caught! Thorpe didnt hang around much longer and it was a downhill slope from here on. Batsmen came in and batsmen got out, no one happy to block out a few delivery everyone just wanted to be the hero. Credit to Johnson and Harmison who entertained the crowd with some big 6's but it would never last. England were all out for 163 after 28 overs!

Eng_Scorecard.jpg
[/IMG]

Eng_Bat.jpg
[/IMG]

Eng_Part.jpg
[/IMG]

Pak_Bowl.jpg
[/IMG]

runrate.jpg

Conclusion: Not the ideal practice match Vaughan was hopeing for still there are lessons to be learned from this we hope. Vaughan was quick to point out he made the wrong choice with the toss, and Englands bowlers didnt bowl well enough, "Basically we were set a near immpossible target" said Vaughan. he also said "he hoped for more contribution from higher up the order as well as batting more sensibly. Agreed!
So now on to the Pakistan Quandrangular Tournemant consisting of Pakistan, England, West Indies and New Zealand.

Some of your guys were pretty economical. What difficulty and AI patch (if any) are you using? If your 3rd test batting is anything to go by, you bat far better than me. I think my top team score is about 65 all-out in a 1-day game.

Originally posted by FishBowlMan
Some of your guys were pretty economical. What difficulty and AI patch (if any) are you using? If your 3rd test batting is anything to go by, you bat far better than me. I think my top team score is about 65 all-out in a 1-day game.

Hmm! Posted this before your batting stats were up. Still better than my efforts though. Good luck with the quadrangular thing!

check Steve Harmsion hitting three 6's! I nearly wet myself lol

Originally posted by The_gas
im playing with hard mode, not using any patch

With no patch, 270 odd sounds quite reasonable. They seem to come out and whack everything from the get go. Confidence straight up and good-night nurse.

yeah i know trouble is it is immpossible for the human player to do that, i can rarely get the ball over sill mid off lol! Im going to persavere with it, i reckon if i can keep em down to around the 230-250 mark it will be much easier to chase

Yeah - its the patience thing with the batting I reckon. If the confidence goes up, I find I can play more shots properly. Usually start out with front foot straight drive and front foot leg glance thing. Seem to be able to time these pretty well with Vaughn and Hussain anyway as these guys are good drivers.

Definitely trying to whack too early means everyone is caught somewhere in the circle for either 0 or if I'm lucky 4

im not going to slog it so much next time, ill wait for the last 10-15 overs! Still James Anderson clean bowled to of the Pakistan A players so theres some potential there.

Pakistan Quandrangular Tournemant

Pak V Eng at Lahore
Win V NZL at Lahore
NZL V Eng at Karachi
Win V Pak at Karachi
Win V Eng at Lahore
NZL V Pak at Karachi

Final to be announced

that was a disgraceful performance gas, hang your head in shame.

getting all out in 28 overs isnt very good, over use of the 6 hit button i think. you should at least get to 40 over mark with a few wickets in tact, not every ball needs to be a 6 shot :D
your team is crying out for a mark butcher / nasser hussein style innings

Originally posted by avirax
that was a disgraceful performance gas, hang your head in shame.

getting all out in 28 overs isnt very good, over use of the 6 hit button i think. you should at least get to 40 over mark with a few wickets in tact, not every ball needs to be a 6 shot :D
your team is crying out for a mark butcher / nasser hussein style innings

:D well it was a warm up game! How often do you see Harmison smashing 6's :D

Users who are viewing this thread