English Domestic Cricket 2007

Check my last post...

As you can see from my second part of that post, I said that Broad will be the focus of more people on another day.

treva said:
Check my last post...

As you can see from my second part of that post, I said that Broad will be the focus of more people on another day.
yeh but it doesn't mean nobody cares about him today,just that you don't!

Why isn't Rashid playing for Yorkshire? Obviously hes young and he played in the championship games but this is where Englands problems in one day cricket come from,with teams resting players for OD games as opposed to FC games

Leicester Fox said:
yeh but it doesn't mean nobody cares about him today,just that you don't!

Why isn't Rashid playing for Yorkshire? Obviously hes young and he played in the championship games but this is where Englands problems in one day cricket come from,with teams resting players for OD games as opposed to FC games
I said 2 posts ago that I know for a fact that you and lots of leicestershire fans do :rolleyes:

And I guess giving him a rest because otherwise I don't see why he would be left out unless he has picked up an injury.

Then what was the point in saying no-one cares? We should beat Worcestershire from this point,everyones got a wicket. Our last 3 (i think) wickets added a crucial 50 runs which could be the difference

That's why I said I didn't mean it! You aint listening to half the stuff I've been saying lol Surrey and kent look like they have pretty much won...

treva said:
That's why I said I didn't mean it! You aint listening to half the stuff I've been saying lol Surrey and kent look like they have pretty much won...
I know so whats the point in posting it :p Allenbys been very econimcal today,10 off 7.Also made 45 with the bat,looks like he'll be the replacement for Maddy.

I can't believe that Surrey score: 496 off 50 overs. Rikki Clarke hitting 82 off 28 (and yes those numbers are the right way round)!
Full scorecard here.

barmyarmy said:
I can't believe that Surrey score: 496 off 50 overs. Rikki Clarke hitting 82 off 28 (and yes those numbers are the right way round)!
Full scorecard here.
I saw that, it is amazing. Ali Brown hit 176 off 97 balls and the BBC claim it is a world one-day record. :eek:

skateboarder said:
I saw that, it is amazing. Ali Brown hit 176 off 97 balls and the BBC claim it is a world one-day record. :eek:
It is indeed a record, the highest List A total, though higher totals have been made at lower levels and in minor internationals.

Pretty much over at Taunton :( Should have really won this game from the position we were in. We need a miracle now parsons has gone...

EDIT: Lost what a shocking collapse, should have won this easily. Still, we look a heck of a side lol :p

The Surrey game seems as though someone was playing it on BLC07.

Good win for Essex. nice to Foster pressing his claims, rescuing them and getting some good runs.

all out for 189 :D great win by the lads defending a small score but with the return of our England internationals (rare saying that being a Leicestershire fan) we've got a very strong side. They lost the last 4 wickets on 189. No hat-trick involved but a very good performance from the lads. Now I know how frustraiting it must be being a Lancs fan when half your squad plays for England!

Also, Rashid probably wasn't playing because of his back.
He had a stress fracture over the winter, and being only 19 thats going to have put a hell of a lot of straight on his back so early, so they're probably just trying to ease him back in.

Animator! said:
Also, Rashid probably wasn't playing because of his back.
He had a stress fracture over the winter, and being only 19 thats going to have put a hell of a lot of straight on his back so early, so they're probably just trying to ease him back in.
Resting him for the OD game shows where their prioritys lie then. He'd get much more of a rest not playing a championship game and obviously he needs experience in that form but look at Monty,the WC was still a very early point in his OD career

But Rashid is 19.
It would be absolutely pathetic if we called him up for England duty within the next 2-3 year.
He needs to play 2-3 years of county cricket before hand.
We can't afford to screw another young spinner up like we have done some many times before; Dawson, Scofield, Salisbury.

Users who are viewing this thread